1. Loyal dog won’t forget his best friend on Dog Heirs. *sob*
2. House Rule: In These Bodies We Dance from Brittany, Herself. I love the picture at the end. This is what joy looks like.
3. mary jo hoffman :: still from Lisa Congdon. So beautiful.
4. Meet Darcy, The Most Famous (Flying) Hedgehog On Instagram from Bored Panda. So cute.
5. 27 Days: Writing Prompts to Grow Your Powers, for FREE! Here’s an excellent gift you can give YOURSELF for the holidays, 27 Days: Writing Prompts to Grow Your Powers, Laurie Wagner’s 27 Day writing prompt program delivered daily to your inbox. It’s a simple way to keep your writing practice alive during the holidays, and an excellent opportunity to start a practice if you don’t have one. You’re welcome.
6. Architect Bypasses Mortgage Payments, Builds a Tiny Home on My Modern Met. My obsession with tiny houses is not that I want to live in one, (my house is only a little over 1000 square feet, so I’m in a pretty small space already), but that I want something like this in my backyard, to use as a studio, class, guest space.
7. 9 ways to cope with loss during the holidays from Positively Present.
8. Maybe there is really only ONE story in life – the story of learning to be real on Unabashedly Female. (P.S. I haven’t watched the video at the end).
9. How ‘hygge’ can help you get through winter.
10. Mom’s memory lives on in sweet dad, daughter photos.
11. ‘Tis The Season To Be… Mindful on Huffington Post.
12. From Patti Digh: your daily rock : go forward and your daily rock : tell it like it is and your daily rock : burn those jeans! and your daily rock : live like you are dying.
13. Nathan loves Bella….(sweet little boy loving a special pitbull), a CNN iReport.
14. what if girls were rewarded for being authentic instead of being thin? from Justine Musk.
15. Indoor S’mores on Dessert for Two. Oh my…
16. ‘Christmas Jammies’ Rockets Holderness Family To Viral Video Fame on Huffington Post.
17. 139. BRENÉ BROWN: The Woman in the Arena from Zen Pencils.
18. Magical Photographs Follow the Lives and Friendship of Two Argentine Girls on Feature Shoot.
19. What I’ve Been Reading: 2013, a great list from Marianne Elliott.
20. The Daring Interview Series: Meet Elizabeth Gilbert from Brene’ Brown.
21. When is the best time to create? from Paul Jarvis.
22. Good stuff from MindBodyGreen: 10 Ways To Scare Your Friends & Family Away From Yoga (Funny) and Want To Find Your Purpose But Have No Idea What It Is? Read This.
23. Stuff to think about from Austin Kleon: On the “death” of blogging and Forget setting goals and commit to a process.
24. The Year’s Best Books on Writing and Creativity from Brain Pickings.
25. Gift to the Soul: The Space of Presence, Tara Brach on Huffington Post, in which she says,
When we’re speeding along, we violate our own natural rhythms in a way that prevents us from listening to our inner life and being in a resonant field with others. We get tight. We get small. We override our capacity to appreciate beauty, to celebrate, to serve from the heart.
26. Want To Quit Blogging? Read This First! from Gala Darling, in which she says,
A blog isn’t just a blog: it is a chronicle of your life, and just like your soul, it is constantly evolving.
27. Short answers to big questions from Alexandra Franzen.
28. 10 Artists You Should Have Known In 2013 from NPR.
29. 5 Lies You Were Told about Grief and A Self-Made 12-Step Program for Living an Authentic Life from Rebelle Society.
30. Wisdom from Kris Carr on Facebook,
Fear contains powerful messages. When we’re courageous enough to be with what scares us, we can awaken our intuition and create a new path for healing. Whether you’re worried about getting sick, you’re currently dealing with a health issue, or you’re scared and struggling in other areas of your life, don’t judge your fears, invite them to tea.
It’s common to belittle our fears and try to pre-maturely cleanse them away. But just because we’re afraid, doesn’t mean we’re toxic or failing or falling off the spiritual wagon. Fear is one of the many colors in our emotional palette, and it’s often there for a reason. There’s nothing weak or less evolved about being frightened. And guess what, you’re not alone. We’re all scared. No one is fearless.
31. Wisdom from Rumi,
So wild flowers will come up where you are.
You have been stony for too many years.
Try something different.
32. Family Gatherings: The Ultimate Mindfulness Training Ground from Zen Habits.
33. Me, the universe, and Javier Bardem from Judy Clement Wall.
34. 3 Ways to Prepare for Career Change on Create as Folk.
35. All feelings are mutual on Superhero Life.
36. 15 Best Photos of the Day of 2013 on Tree Hugger.
37. Wisdom from Rilke,
Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.
38. Teachers, writers, speakers: On confidence and owning your true authority from Susan Piver.
39. Wisdom from Cheryl Strayed,
Nobody’s going to do your life for you. You have to do it yourself, whether you’re rich or poor, out of money or raking it in, the beneficiary of ridiculous fortune or terrible injustice. And you have to do it no matter what is true. No matter what is hard. No matter what unjust, sad, sucky things have befallen you. Self-pity is a dead-end road. You make the choice to drive down it. It’s up to you to decide to stay parked there or to turn around and drive out.
40. 34 Examples of Installation Art That Don’t Suck on Your Daily Media.
41. How to Visit Your Family Without Going Crazy on Purple Clover, which shares these quotes,
“How shall the heart be reconciled to its feast of losses?” asks Stanley Kunitz in a poem.
Thomas Merton, the great Benedictine monk, captured this paradox succinctly. “Prayer and love are learned in the hour when prayer becomes impossible and heart has turned to stone,” he wrote.
42. An Elderly Couple Took The Same Photo Every Season. But Nothing Could Prepare Me For The Last One on Viral Nova.
43. 8 Ways to Encourage a Meaningful New Year on Be More With Less.
44. In Marriage, Beware of Big Boxes on Modern Love from The New York Times.
45. Fortyhood: Why You’re Too Old to Have a Baby After 40 on Huffington Post.
46. Wisdom from Roy L. Smith, “He who has not Christmas in his heart
will never find it under a tree.”
47. friday’s confession: I’m slowing down. from Tiffany Han.
48. Belka (Alaskan Malamute/Siberian Husky), our 20 day old pup howling.
49. Shared by Susannah on her Something for the Weekend list: Life from One Foot Up by Derek (which made me realize Fray is back online), and Quinoa & Brussels Sprout Salad recipe, and Favorite Job Interview Questions, and this video, ‘Female Freedom Has an Expiration Date’ – Being 35 and Single,
51. The Answer to All Your Questions…the First Four Words You See Describe You on Elephant Journal. My words were passionate, peaceful, thoughtful, and genuine.
52. 10 Things You Can’t Do AT CHRISTMAS While Following Jesus and 10 Things You Can’t Do While Following Jesus from The God Article.
53. What You Believe About Homosexuality Doesn’t Matter from In the Parlor, which says,
So whatever you believe about homosexuality, keep it to yourself. Instead, try telling a gay kid that you love him and you don’t want him to die. Try inviting her into your church and into your home and into your life. Anything other than that simply doesn’t matter.
54. Homage To Rae Kline, My First Yoga Teacher on Recovering the Body.
55. A Bundle of Joy and Peace: 21 Inspiring Quotations from Thich Nhat Hahn from Always Well Within.
56. Wisdom from Sakyong Mipham, “Open hearts, kindness, and care – these are our most precious gifts.”
57. More wisdom from Rumi, “Don’t think the garden looses it’s ecstasy in winter. It’s quiet, but the roots are down there riotous.”
58. iPersonic Personality Test. My result was “The Good-natured Realist” which was pretty accurate.
59. 10 Things Food Banks Need But Won’t Ask For.
60. I Don’t Know Where The Rich People Are Who Lived Here, But What They Left Behind Is Frightening on Viral Nova.
61. Heartwarming Photos of SF Zoo’s New Baby Gorilla and Her Doting Grandmother from The Modern Met. There is almost nothing cuter than a baby gorilla.
62. 12 Easy Ways to Make Life Simple Again from Marc and Angel Hack Life.
63. “In an abundance of caution” from Seth Godin.
64. Truthbomb from Danielle Laporte, “Can you remember who you were before the world told you who you should be?”
Thank you for all of the gems!i am in bed sick today and look forward to reading many of these links! First,I have to get some soup though…..
Feel better, Lindsey. ♥
Thank you. 🙂
Many good things – Thank you so much for sharing all the links and ideas and dreams and thoughts……..
You are so welcome, Rhonda — there’s so much good “out there.” 🙂