1. The Definitive Manifesto for Handling Haters: Anne Lamott on Priorities and How We Keep Ourselves Small by People-Pleasing on Brain Pickings. I saw Anne’s original post first and made a note to share it with you, but then I saw Maria’s commentary (and graphic) and liked it so much how she framed what Anne said, I’m sharing it instead.
3. Good stuff on Huffington Post: Once We Become Parents We Don’t Want to Hang Out With You Anymore (But Not for the Reasons You Think), and 10 Ways I Am Failing Adulthood, and Not Being a Mother Doesn’t Make Me Any Less of a Woman.
4. No is essential from Seth Godin.
5. Poetry Saves the Day * Meet Alison Luterman from Laurie Wagner on 27 Powers.
6. It’s Not About Doing What You’re Good At, a guest post from Rachel Cole on Create as Folk.
7. 10 Misconceptions about Buddhism on Tricycle.
8. 5 Details They Cut from My Season of “The Biggest Loser.”
9. What you see, a comic from The Oatmeal.
10. Beautiful and strange things from Colossal: Flocks of Birds Laser Cut from Maps by Claire Brewster and Tattooed Porcelain Figures by Jessica Harrison.
11. Dear Mom Judging the Mom on Her iPhone from Mother Wise.
12. How It Feels When A “Fabulously Creative” Business Coach Steals 23 of Your Blog Posts from Melanie Biehle.
13. The Movies You Definitely Need to See This Summer on Hello Giggles (with movie trailer clips).
14. Because Life is Messy on Elephant Journal.
15. The Gift on Zen Habits.
16. Good stuff on Medium: Storytelling Is A Magical, Ruthless Discipline (Zadie Smith’s full remarks from the 2014 Moth Ball Gala), and It’s Bikini Body Season! So What Should I Do With My Regular Body?, and The REAL reason you’re stressed out. P.S. That last one is so important. If you don’t read anything else on this list, read that.
17. Wisdom from Be More With Less: How to Enjoy a Digital Sabbatical and 7 Things to Do When You are Really Sad.
18. Truthbomb from Danielle LaPorte, “Seeing the futility is so liberating.”
19. Zosia Mamet on Why She Won’t Lean In, Thanks.
20. May: some notes from Jeff Oaks.
21. Comedian’s Response to Criticism of Her Red Carpet Look Deserves a Standing Ovation. Her response is definitely worth the read, Sarah Millican: Twitter was a pin to my excitable Bafta balloon.
22. Sia’s “Chandelier” Has Maybe the Best Video of the Year on Slate.
23. Find your rat people from Paul Jarvis.
24. Artist Creates Intricate Mud Paintings On School Walls To Bring Art Into Villager Children Lives on Bored Panda.
25. Sabrina Ward Harrison’s Creative Space in Silver Lake, a house tour on Apartment Therapy.
26. I haven’t said so lately, but I love Danielle Ate the Sandwich. Here’s an original from her, “What You Were.”
27. Sisterhood Manifesto from Awakening Women.
28. A poem, shared by Jessica Patterson this morning.
let it go
(By e. e. cummings)
let it go – the
smashed word broken
open vow or
the oath cracked length
wise – let it go it
was sworn to
let them go – the
truthful liars and
the false fair friends
and the boths and
neithers – you must let them go they
let all go – the
big small middling
tall bigger really
the biggest and all
things – let all go
so comes love
29. A Self-Made 12-Step Program for Living an Authentic Life from Rebelle Society.
30. What Makes you Happy? from Aarathi Selvan, “what I asked some of the fabulous bloggers, entrepreneurs and friends from around the world.”
31. Things You Say To Dogs That’d Be Creepy If You Said To People from BuzzFeed.