Lady Moon Meadow Trail, image by Eric
1. The bravest thing I’ve done this year from Marianne Elliott, the first post in a series on courage that I also wrote a post for, I showed up. I opened my heart. I stayed. Marianne’s next session of 30 Days of Courage: a guide to bravery in action starts April 20th and registration is open now.
2. 15 Things Stopping You from Moving Forward from Marc and Angel Hack Life.
3. our very special houseguest on Chookooloonks. For our next dog, I want to be able to say say, “She’s [or he’s] gentle, and sweet-natured, and incredibly calm, and so easy. She’s obedient and playful, and she’s taken to our family almost seamlessly.” You know how much I’ve loved my dogs, but so far, I’ve had “it’s been so hard but I know it will be worth it,” and someday I’d really like the other version.
4. 23 Best Movies On Netflix You Haven’t Yet Seen.
5. 30 Questions You Should Ask Your Best Friend and 30 MORE Questions to Ask Your Best Friend from Hello Giggles.
6. Three Eternal (So Far) Truths about Living and Writing from On Being.
7. Artist Paints Ocean Stones With Thousands Of Tiny Dots To Create Colorful Mandalas on Bored Panda.
8. the mabel magazine either / or question: part 2, in which you can read my responses.
9. I Gotcher Blog-Writin’ Advice Right Here from Terrible Minds.
10. Wisdom from David Whyte,
Courage is the measure of our heartfelt participation with life, with another, with a community, a work, a future. To be courageous, is not necessarily to go anywhere or do anything except to make conscious those things we already feel deeply and then to live through the unending vulnerabilities of those consequences.
11. In memory of Anne Frank, some of her most beautiful quotes on Hello Giggles, which says this,
Anne Frank’s diary remains one of the most essential pieces of writing in existence — a 13-year-old girl’s account of the most horrifying genocide in modern history. But more than that, Anne’s diary was a beautifully-written autobiography of a brilliant young girl, full of hope, potential and bravery. This year marks the 70th anniversary of Anne’s final diary entry, and she continues to inspire us with her spirit and courage.
12. WALK THE MOON – Shut Up and Dance (Official Lyric Video). Dance break!!!
13. Heartbreaking and beautiful, we have a trailer for the Amy Winehouse documentary on Hello Giggles.
14. Teen Comes Out As Gay, His Father Reacts Angrily. Hey Dad, what would Jesus do?
15. What Would Beyonce Do?! funny stuff from comedienne Luisa Omielan.
16. Interview: Patrick Mulholland on the Broken Saviors Kickstarter.
17. Good stuff from Dances with Fat: Dealing With Oppression – That’s Not How I Would Have Done It! and Can Trader Joe’s Reduce Our Guilt Around Food?
18. Your past experiences are blinding you: How to take a step back and view the world without bias or judgement on Medium.
19. Good stuff from Rowdy Kittens’ Happy Links list: The Journal Diaries- Gert’s Hobonichi and On Our Next Big Adventure and The one thing you’re most likely to regret.
20. A Note from the Universe, “For every fork in the road, Jill, there are often two paths from which to choose: the one you ‘should’ take and the one you want to take. Take the second. Always take the second.”
21. On Chookooloonks this was a good week list: Dressing up strangers as dolls: cute or ‘creepy’? – BBC World Service and Novelist Katherine Center’s philosophy on writing the story you long to read.
22. No Kids for Me, Thanks on The New York Times.
23. I Am A Plus-Size Woman Who Wore a Low-Rise Bikini to the Beach and This is What Happened on Bustle.
24. Orthorexia Nervosa: When Righteous Eating Becomes An Obsession.
25. Creating a New Cultural Story, Jennifer Louden talks with Brigid Schulte, author of the NYT’s bestseller Overwhelmed: How to Work, Love, and Play When No One Has the Time, which I want to read.
26. Good stuff from Alexandra Franzen: How to Talk Yourself in to a Great Day at Work and Be done with what’s done. Let it burn. and Always one more time.
27. Knock Knock, It’s Tig Notaro | Official Trailer | Showtime Documentary.
28. Introducing “Shedquarters”: The Hot New Trend Home-Based Business Owners Are Drooling Over.
29. My Body Is Softer Now, And So Is My Heart on Rebelle Society.
30. 7 Signs You’re Getting Bad Nutrition Advice.
31. ‘Mom, When Do Grown-Ups Stop Eating Breakfast?’ on The New York Times.