So great to be partnering with Wanderlust to share this list with a larger audience.
1. Macro Photographs of Nature’s Tiniest Architects by Nicky Bay. The world is full of amazing things, some so tiny we can’t even see them without help. It reminds me of the images of sand under a microscope.
2. Landthropologic, Earthworks In Motion: Stunning Animated Land Art Experiments by Paul Johnson, beautiful and slightly creepy.
3. Wisdom from AC/DC’s road manager, Barry Taylor, “God is the name of the blanket we throw over mystery to give it shape.”
4. You Made it Weird, my new favorite podcast. They describe it this way, “Everybody has secret weirdness, Pete Holmes gets comedians to share theirs,” but I think it’s way more than just that because they end up also talking about stuff like spirituality and the difficulty of relationships and the meaning of life. My favorite recent episode was with Lama Surya Das, the “Jolly Lama.”
5. #40daysoflight: courage, a good reminder from Karen Walrond.
6. A Gentle Warrior’s Manifesto to End Busyness, a really great list from Be More With Less. “In a society that always wants more from you, it’s important to draw a line in the sand. What I’ve learned though is if you can draw the line with your heart, you can take a stand with a smile, dump the guilt around doing less, and instead of disappointing others, remind them what’s important in their own lives by honoring what’s important in yours.”
7. Bear, Lion And Tiger Brothers Haven’t Left Each Other’s Side For 15 Years. I hate the way they met, but I’m so glad they have each other.
8. I am waiting for someone I love, to die from Patti Digh. This brought back so many memories about losing Kelly. Laurie passed away Thursday morning.
9. 21 Small Ways to Make Life Simpler, a great list of really simple things that work.
10. Recipes I want to try: Rhubarb, Blood Orange and Almond Crumble, and Spinach-Quinoa Patties.
11. Luuup Litter Box – The Best Cat Litter Box Ever Made. This product is brilliant, and I don’t even have cats.
12. Louis C.K. Compares Donald Trump to Hitler: ‘He’s an Insane Bigot.’ In related news, Voters For Trump Ad – SNL.
13. Wisdom from Elizabeth Gilbert on Facebook, “Question of the day: DO YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT YOU NEED TO DO?” *sigh*
14. This video of two kids singing is the definition of “stupid cute.”
15. GHOSTBUSTERS – Official Trailer (HD). Squee!!!
16. Duke’s family rescued him seven years ago and Duke returned the favor by saving the life of their 9-week-old infant daughter. Good boy, Duke. ❤
17. Wednesday Words 3.2.16: Finding my oxygen mask on Rita’s Notebook.
18. The Zen Habits Guide to Letting Go of Attachments.
19. Wisdom from Geneen Roth: “Most women believe they’re not allowed to take up space, have pleasure, have needs, say what they want. So they eat and spend instead.” *sigh* There’s probably a lot more “insteads” we could add to this list to make it complete.
20. Movies for Makers “is a web show for artists and makers who want to take the first step to learn how to make videos by themselves for their creative businesses.” I think today is the last day to sign up!
21. What to Do When the Company Culture Sucks from Laura Simms. If the list “here are 10 signs that things are all wrong with your office culture” sounds all too familiar, read on to get some tips on what to do about it.
22. Just what we needed dept: The pre-peeled, plastic-packed orange. This seems like it must have been a joke, but it wasn’t.
23. Being Irritated from Jeff Oaks, one of my favorite poets even when he’s not into it.
24. Inside the Florida Jail that Doubles as an Exotic Animal Zoo. “Behind bars, abused and abandoned animals are finding refuge. Caring for them calms prisoners. Petting them draws thousands of visitors.” This good idea ranks right up there with dog rehab programs in prisons, preschools in assisted living facilities, and chocolate with peanut butter.
25. To Anyone Who Thinks They’re Falling Behind.
26. Good stuff from Alexandra Franzen: You’ll never be done and Closing the gap.
27. 19 Amazing Caterpillar Transformations. Click on each image to see what the caterpillar turns into. Fun!
28. Life’s A Lot of Work, I’m Tired from Jena Schwartz.