1. Miles for Milo: Run or raise $ for Milo’s spina bifida costs. I’ve met little Milo, and it’s no lie that he’s smiley, kind, warm, and adorable.
2. The Bravery To Be Vulnerable: An experiment in #100DaysofVulnerability on Medium.
3. my study of thriving on Chookooloonks. Be sure to check out the gallery.
4. Wisdom from David Deida, “If you are waiting for anything in order to live and love without holding back, then you suffer.” (Thanks for sharing, Lise).
5. In case you missed it the first time I posted, Dear Sugar is back as a podcast.
6. This Man Walks 21 Miles To Work And Back Every Day, And Now Others Want To Lend A Helping Hand.
7. Comedian Tig Notaro on What It Was Like to Perform Stand-Up Topless.
8. Good stuff from Be More With Less: Maybe Variety isn’t the Spice of Life and 7 Things to Consider if You Hate Your Job.
9. The Emotional Milestones of Writing A Novel: A Handy Guide! from Terrible Minds.
10. do you make time for down-time? on the Community Questions column from Mabel Magazine.
11. Wisdom from Brave Girls Club, “When we clasp our hands around things, waiting to let go until they make sense, our hands are too full and can not be open to the things that are waiting for us.”
12. A Biggest Loser Contestant Reveals What We All Already Knew on Nourishing the Soul.
13. Proof that kindness matters on Superhero Life.
14. Wisdom from Pema Chödrön,
We can put our whole heart into whatever we do; but if we freeze our attitude into for or against, we’re setting ourselves up for stress. Instead, we could just go forward with curiosity, wondering where this experiment will lead. This kind of open-ended inquisitiveness captures the spirit of enthusiasm, or heroic perseverance.
15. PRI, #WomensLives … and me! Yay, Kirsten Akens!
16. The Practice of Ruthless Compassion from Sandi Amorim.
17. Loving Your Body Doesn’t Mean What You Think from Kimber Simpkins.
19. Wisdom from Geneen Roth.
Compulsive eating is only the symptom; believing that you’re not worth your own love is the problem. Go for the love. You’ll never be sorry.
20. 9 Things You Should Be Able to Say About Your Life from Marc and Angel Hack Life.
21. My house of belonging from Susannah Conway.
22. Mary Oliver — Listening to the World, a rare interview with On Being, the podcast.
23. Wisdom from Elizabeth Gilbert on Facebook, Fierce self-accountability and Self-kindness.
24. Please don’t punish yourself from Danielle LaPorte.
25. Photo Battle: Allison McCann vs. Hilary Parker.
26. You Do Not Have to be Good from Julie Barton.
27. New Adventures New Lessons from Tracey Clark.
28. Why You Hate Work on The New York Times.
29. Self-Soothing, a list on PsychCentral.
30. The Things That Get in the Way of Doing on Zen Habits.
31. My Weird Morning Ritual and Why You Need One Too on Medium.
32. cheers to the weekend: saturday morning scones, a yummy looking recipe on SF Girl by Bay.
33. Podcast: TT 008: Tammy Strobel on Life, Creativity and a Tiny House.
34. black bean butternut squash quesadillas + chipotle lime crema recipe.
35. The Happiest States In America In One Map (INFOGRAPHIC).
36. This makes me so angry, a size 12 model being called “plus-size” is going to be the cover model for the next Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. She says, “I don’t know if I consider myself as a plus-size model or not,” Lawley, who is represented by Wilhelmina Models, says. “I just consider myself a model because I’m trying to help women in general accept their bodies.” REALLY?! Explain to me HOW exactly you are trying to help me “accept” my body?!
37. This is What Happens When You Decide To Create Your Own Food Security.
38. A mantra from Rachael Maddox, “My fears melt into nothingness in the presence of perfect love. I am love, you are love, we are love. Everything belongs.”
39. Wisdom from Omar Khayy, “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.”
40. Fat is Not a Feeling.
41. Stop Eating. Everything is Bad for You.
42. Words for the Day // No. 57 from Lisa Congdon.
43. Wisdom from Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche, “Love mixed with space is called letting go.”
44. Kai and his girlfriend Ellen. So cute.