1. Humans of New York. This project is consistently one of my favorite things. The current series about refugees that Brandon is sharing is amazing, heartbreaking and beautiful. P.S. Any of the Humans of New York books would make great holiday gifts.
3. Neil Gaiman Reads “A Christmas Carol.” OMG. I could listen to him read the phonebook… *swoon*
4. Romantic moment this morning at the farm! A cute video of two dogs in front of the fire — when you want to play, but you are too warm and sleepy.
5. Orangutan finds magic trick hilarious… Stupid cute video.
6. A Thank You Gift, “a free downloadable PDF containing the process I utilise each year to review how that year has gone and to being the creation process for the next year” from Life is Limitless.
7. Mandy Patinkin visits Lesbos, Greece. “Actor and activist, Mandy Patinkin witnesses first-hand the situation in Greece, where many thousands of refugees have been arriving. Escaping life from war-torn countries, refugees hope to have a better life.” To help: https://engage.rescue.org/donate/mandypatinkin
9. Photographer Captures Soulful Portraits Of Man’s Best Friend. Stupid cute…
10. New Embroidered Leaves by Hillary Fayle. I love so much that there are people who think to do this sort of thing, who do it and then share it with the rest of us.
11. ‘The higher the hair, the closer to God’: Glorious BIG hair from the 1960s. I’m just gonna say it: fashion can be so dumb.
12. Bun Bun, Destroyer of Leaves! My aunt had a bunny named Willy when I was a kid, and this little bun reminds me so much of him.
13. Wisdom from Arianna Huffington, speaking at the BlogHer conference in July 2014, “We need to change the delusion that we need to burn out in order to succeed. We have a much better understanding of the battery status of our iPhone than the state of our own wellbeing.” Oh, snap!
14. I was a respectable, high-functioning junkie. I wholeheartedly recommend everything Jennifer Matesa has ever written about addiction.
15. We’re coming for you 2016!, Susannah Conway’s “Unravelling The Year Ahead” workbook (FREE!), which has become a yearly ritual for me. She’s also offering a free 5-day course, Find Your Word for 2016. (P.S. I think my word is going to be “path” but I’m going to do this course just to be sure).
16. Embroidered Psychological Landscapes by Michelle Kingdom. Beautiful and a tiny bit creepy.
17. Mother Cat Brings Her Kittens To Meet An Unlikely Old Friend. Spoiler alert: it’s a dog.
18. Mind-wandering: the rise of a new anti-mindfulness movement, an interesting perspective.
21. 20 Reasons Life Gets Way Too Complicated from Marc and Angel Hack Life.
22. 27 Question to Ask Instead of “What Do You Do?”, a set of great options on Medium.
24. No One Gets to be a Messiah: On Quiet Acts of Kindness + The Human Reality (Sometimes Life Does Actually Suck), such an important read, from Meg Worden.
25. 15 holiday gift ideas. (Mostly “experiences.” Not much “stuff.”) from Alexandra Franzen, a nice reminder that we don’t always need to buy stuff to show someone they matter to us.
26. 8 Meaningful Gifts to Support a Simple Life from Be More With Less.
27. How to find your voice from Austin Kleon.
28. Truthbomb #949 from Danielle LaPorte, “The best self-help is self-compassion.”
30. Wisdom from Brave Girls Club, “It’s a great day to put down the heavy bag of rocks called expectation and worry…and to just let yourself be…to just do your best, and then let it be.”
31. Inspiration + Aspiration on Zen Habits.
32. Easing someone’s suffering…without suffering. Is it possible? from Danielle LaPorte.
34. She Who Hears the Cries of the World by Christina Feldman, a great article on compassion. “The path of compassion is cultivated one step and one moment at a time. Each of those steps lessens the mountain of sorrow in the world.”