Reverb13 prompt: “In 2014, how could you explore what community means to you? It might be a question of sharing the load, asking for help or signing on someone with a complementary skill set. Or it could be about a creative collaboration that pushes you to explore new ideas and media. Where might the alchemy be?”
Six years ago, I spent two years doing Shambhala Warrior Training, the practice lineage of Pema Chödrön and Susan Piver. I learned meditation, cultivating a quality of mindfulness and presence that allows me to be awake in the world, with what is, as I am, keeping my heart open. This brought my mind back to sanity, back from the edge of madness.
The similar alchemy I look for this coming year is a collaboration with my body — intuitive eating and movement. Yoga teacher training is one method, one community I’ll engage with. Another creative collaboration which will support the process is completing the Self-Compassion Saturday ebook. Even getting another dog will further ground me in my body, the present moment. Nia is also a support, through joyful movement and non-judgement. Honoring my hunger and my fullness, in my body and my life, is the path.
Project Reverb prompt: “Favorite things | Give us a list of your favorite things from 2013. Could be material items, food, people, anything!”
she sent me this one for my birthday/Christmas — it’s amazing
- My Eddie Bauer black down jacket
- My Ibex purple wool sweater
- My Exofficio dog walking and hiking pants
- The colors eggplant and teal
- Quan Yin and Ganesh
- Being able to share resources, help projects that do things like rescue dogs, feed hungry people, provide clean water, make art, empower girls and women
- Kid President, the whole Soul Pancake project
- Flash mobs
- The Mindy Project, New Girl, Parks & Rec, Modern Family
- HGTV House Hunters, International and regular
- HGTV in general
- Being a teaching assistant for Mondo Beyondo
- Playing with Dexter, oh how I miss it
- Fort Collins Veterinary Emergency & Rehabilitation Hospital — the emergency option and physical therapy services, especially Dr. Fry and her support crew
Besottment Prompt: “What was your biggest indulgence in 2013? This can be anything – something materialistic, emotional, etc – what was something you truly let yourself indulge in?”
Taking three trips to California in three months for workshops, retreats, seeing friends and meeting new people, taking the time away for myself.