1. What do you do when the trolls come marching in?, wisdom from Paul Jarvis.
2. Behind the scenes of this post from Judy Clement Wall.
3. Finding the courage to transform your life, from Caroline Leon of Life is Limitless.
4. The Imaginary World Of…, Keri Smith’s new book.
5. This post on 3x3x365, especially the part about Burg the wonder dog.
6. He Had No Idea He Was Being Recorded Dancing With His Dog on Viral Nova. I bet Eric does this with the dogs when I’m not around.
7. What do you know for sure?, and The Creativity Conversation Continued, wisdom from Elizabeth Gilbert on Facebook.
8. Lisa Congdon Words for the Day :: No. 35.
9. Wisdom from Marianne Elliott on Facebook, “Your home yoga practice is where you find out what really works for you, and what doesn’t. But, maybe above all else, home yoga is where you begin to rebuild your own trust in yourself, your body and your innate wisdom. And very little is more important, and more powerful than that.”
10. Wisdom from Rilke, (thanks for sharing, Sherry).
Sometimes blocked in,
sometimes reaching out,
one moment your life is a stone in you,
and the next, a star.
11. Good stuff from Be More With Less: Jumping Gently Into Minimalism, and If Life Were Simple, and especially this, How to Really Take a Day Off.
12. Be careful what you wish for… it just may come true!!! on Diamonds in the Sky with Lucy.
13. Love, Curvy Yoga – Episode Ten: An Interview with Susan Piver, Anna Guest-Jelley’s podcast, two of my favorite women talking about some of my favorite things.
14. Less internet – but more of what? from The Art of Simple.
15. What Your Random Jobs Have in Common on Create as Folk.
16. Conversation with Lisa Congdon (Art Inc.) on art & lemons in which Lisa talks about her new book, which I need.
17. 11 vegetarian snacks to help you avoid the vending machine, some yummy recipes.
18. lisa congdon: a studio visit and a brand new book from SF Girl by Bay, because you can never have enough Lisa Congdon.
19. Lower Your Standards from Jennifer Louden. I’m loving this particular series from her, a Queen Jenny Bee wisdom primer.
20. Wisdom from Pema Chödrön, “If we really knew how unhappy it was making this whole planet that we all try to avoid pain and seek pleasure — how that is making us so miserable and cutting us off from our basic goodness — then we would practice as if our hair were on fire.”
21. Take a Deep Breath from Mara Glatzel.
22. Truthbomb #605 from Danielle LaPorte, “You are the temple.”
23. Good stuff from Chookooloonks: this was a good week (& the philosophy behind it) and respite.
24. Simple Living – Does it Have to be All or Nothing? from Slow Your Home.
25. Fudgy Vegan Chocolate Brownies, a recipe from Kris Carr.
26. regular people answering hard questions: stacy morrison on Angiecat.
26. My embarrassing picture went viral on Salon.
27. Simply Genius: Nick Offerman Reads Reddit’s ‘Shower Thoughts’ on Hello Giggles.
28. Good stuff from Renegade Mothering: I thought age 4 would be better. I was wrong. and We don’t start with needles in our arms. (Watch her read this essay at BlogHer ’14. She said this about the experience,
So I was honored to be chosen as a 2014 “Voice of the Year” by Blogher for the piece “We Don’t Start with Needles in our Arms.” Here I am reading it. Moments before I went on stage, Arlo had a blow out and I thought maybe I had poop on my fancy clothes. As I changed him on the floor backstage I thought “This is some hardcore parenting right here.” Moments after I got off stage, people started coming up to me, telling me about their alcoholic brother mother sister friend student and I thought “What a life, all of this. Thank you.”
29. What’s In A Body Type? from Sunni Chapman.
30. Summer Homes + Anne Black Ceramics on decor8. The summer home made me *swoon*
31. The Lies Your Mind Tells You to Prevent Life Changes on Zen Habits.
32. This, everything about this. A picture that Susannah Conway took of her nephew on a visit to the circus. He’s a magical kid, and the image just screams “be yourself.”
33. A really important quote shared by Austin Kleon, about the difference between humor and depression.
34. What Your Junk Drawer Reveals About You, shared by Tammy on her Happy Links list.
35. Shared on Positively Present Picks: Why doing less actually makes you more successful (and how to do it without hurting your productivity) and 5 Ways to Live in the Moment.
36. Shared on Susannah Conway’s Something for the Weekend list, The Life Changing Crackers, which led to The Life-Changing Loaf of Bread.
37. Wisdom I’ve shared before, but just saw it again and it’s worth resharing,
Six Words of Advice – by Tibetan teacher, Tilopa
Let go of what has passed.
Let go of what may come.
Let go of what is happening now.
Don’t try to figure anything out.
Don’t try to make anything happen.
Relax, right now, and rest.
translation by Ken McLeod
Quoted in Tara Brach’s guided meditation: Emptiness Dancing
38. More wisdom from Pema Chödrön, “It’s important to hear about this in-between state. Otherwise we think the warrior’s journey is one way or the other; either we’re all caught up or we’re free. The fact is that we spend a long time in the middle.”
39. Navigate Your Life: Sarah Selecky from Jennifer Louden.
40. Mary Lambert has a new album coming out in October!!! The first two songs that have been released are so so so so so good.
41. The Spiritual Art of Saying No from On Being, which ends with,
You say no so you can say yes. It’s sad in the way that all limitations are, but also liberating. You are human and finite and precious and fumbling. This is your one chance to spend your gifts, your attention, most importantly your love, on the things that matter most. Don’t screw it up by being sentimental about what could have been or delusional about your own capacity. Have the grace to acknowledge your own priorities. Prune and survive.