1. Can We Gain Strength From Shame? Brene’ Brown on NPR.
2. What if forgiveness isn’t about forgiving? Thoughts on consciously relating to people who have hurt you. from Danielle LaPorte.
3. Danielle LaPorte Daily Truthbomb: “Forget about being impressive and commit to being real.”
4. Part of a community… from Seth Godin.
5. Shifting Tides by Dani Shapiro on Positively Positive.
6. A Letter From Fred by Green Shoe Studio, “A short documentary telling a poignant story of life, love and music.”
7. Wisdom from Elizabeth Berg on Facebook,
I just heard from a woman who was in my Chicago workshop. She greatly improved an essay she wrote by taking the risk to go deeper, then deeper still. She got to a truth she’d been hiding from, and it made all the difference. It was painful for her to write and to read aloud, but we all were stuck with the beauty of what she did, and even though we had not been through what she described, we resonated to her words. I think that’s because we’re all struggling with one thing or another here on planet Earth, and when we read about someone telling the truth about what they’re struggling with, it makes us all feel better. The Beatles were right when they said all you need is love. And I believe that part of love is telling the deepest truths about yourself, at least to yourself. It’s not easy. It’s something that for most of us is always a work in progress. But it’s worth it to try.
I get the image, sometimes, of all of humanity on a spaceship, in deepest darkness. But in the spaceship, the light is on, because of what we mean to and do for each other. And in that vast darkness, the light travels far.
8. Official video for Mary Lambert’s She Keeps Me Warm.
9. The perfectionism cure from Everyday Bright, “In this short video, I reveal the surprisingly simple method my daughter came up with to help us both overcome our perfectionism. I talk about how we eventually became comfortable with risk and, more importantly, with ourselves.”
10. 10 Times Calvin And Hobbes Broke Your Heart on BuzzFeed.
11. Ideaphoria: How to Enjoy The Wild Ride of Your Creativity on Scoutie Girl.
12. Got a big dream? Start with one room. from Alexandra Franzen.
13. How To Tell People What You Do — And Be Remembered on Forbes.
15. The Five Languages of Body Love from Rachel Cole.
16. Chat & Chew with Kate Northrup – Money: A Love Story on KrisCarr TV.
17. Interview with Andrea Scher, by Carolan Deacon.
18. Unravel Yourself: Rachel W Cole on Inner Wisdom and Authenticity, an interview with Rachel on Achieve the Impossible.
19. Awesome free event from Omega: FIND YOUR OWN STRENGTH, Live Stream Event with Elizabeth Lesser in Conversation with Brené Brown and Joan Halifax Roshi, September 20, 2013, 8:00pm – 9:30pm.
21. random thoughts: the need for analog on Chookooloonks.
23. A Tiny Poem to the World from Kid President.
25. Read this, next time you want to give up on making a difference, from Marianne Elliott.
26. From Elephant Journal: The Cutest Damn Wedding Video, Ever, and “This is a young girl who wanted her picture taken with her makeshift hula hoop, playing at a dark & depressing charcoal factory in Manila. Hope is everywhere,” and Instructions for a Bad Day, and Eulogy for an Abandoned Black Dog.
27. The Last Séance by Deborah Thompson.
28. 20 Marriage Tips Everyone Needs to Know, written by a guy who just got divorced.
29. Why you shouldn’t be a writer by Rebecca Dickson.
30. 10 Ways to Create a Meaningful Ceremony from Pixie Campbell.
32. Ten Tough Truths About Cancer from the Atlantic.
34. Bill Watterson’s Uplifting Advice To College Grads, Illustrated In ‘Calvin & Hobbes’ Style. on Huffington Post.
35. On Not Feeling Alone from Lisa Congdon.
36. Wisdom from Nancy D. Solomon, “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.”
38. From Susannah Conway’s Something for the Weekend list,
40. Collaborating with a 4-year Old on the busy mockingbird.
41. “Downton Abbey” Season 4 Trailer Is Here! on BuzzFeed.
42. Into the Woods, a beautiful picture I saw on Reddit.