1. Feast, “an intensive 3-month program for women who want to come home to themselves, make peace with food, and feast on their lives.” I submitted my application about 20 minutes after Rachel opened, that’s how ready I am for this. She’s taking applications now, but just for this week and there are only 30 spots in this session. Other good stuff from Rachel: Go closer and Doing your best.
2. ZenPen ecourse, “Body-Based Writing for Healing, Transformation, and Personal Growth.” It starts today, so there’s still time to sign up for the latest session.
3. The lists I look at every week for inspiration:
- Something for the Weekend from Susannah Conway, (hey, the Self-Compassion eBook is on there this week!)
- Happy Links on Rowdy Kittens
- Positively Present Picks (for example, this week’s link to the 30-Day Minimalism Challenge looks so interesting)
- Austin Kleon’s weekly newsletter
- This Was a Good Week on Chookooloonks
4. Story Swap at the Lyric Cinema Cafe. Looks fun.
5. Wisdom from Clarissa Pinkola Estes,
[W}e all begin the process before we are ready, before we are strong enough, before we know enough; we begin a dialogue with thoughts and feelings that both tickle and thunder within us. We respond before we know how to speak the language, before we know all the answers, and before we know exactly to whom we are speaking.
6. Wisdom from Ralph Waldo Emerson, “What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say.”
7. This is a little different, something I’m offering to you because I don’t agree with it, but I find it and my disagreement very interesting, worth contemplating: This is why you shouldn’t take people’s Facebook lives seriously.
9. Realistic New Year’s Resolutions on The Awl.
10. 10 Ways to Turn Off Your Worries on Psychology Today.
11. The Word from Susannah Conway. We both chose “nourish” as our word this year.
12. Future self, wisdom from Elizabeth Gilbert on Facebook.
13. Responding to Violence and Insanity (one Buddhist’s perspective) from Susan Piver.
14. Wisdom from Andre Gide, “One doesn’t discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.”
15. 27 Reasons Why I Can Never Be a Writer on McSweeney’s.
16. On Expectations (and the promise of 2015) from Sandi Amorim.
17. Why dreaming big almost cost me my self from Jennifer Louden, who has a gorgeous new website design.
18. My wish for your 2015, a poem from Cynthia Morris, who also has a gorgeous new website design.
19. A Note from the Universe, “I know this may come as somewhat of a shock, Jill, but of your innumerable and extraordinary gifts, one day you’ll consider your present day challenges as the greatest of them all. Trust me.”
22. the thrive portraits from Chookooloonks.
23. Wisdom from Brave Girls Club, “life is much too short to ever stick around a person who makes you feel like you are difficult to love.” (Unless of course the person is you, and then you’ve got to figure that shit out).
24. Stop Waiting To Love Yourself Because Of Your Weight on Rebelle Society.
27. Overcoming Objections to Body Acceptance from Isabel Foxen Duke.
28. My Indecorous Word of the Year from Laura Simms.
29. belonging to the body from lists & letters.
30. From Addicted Teen to Acclaimed Therapist: The Inside Story on the Good Life Project.
31. A Boy Said She Was Too Ugly To Touch. She Believed It For 10 Years. Here’s What She Has To Say Now. on Upworthy, from Soul Pancake.
32. Why “I am enough” isn’t enough on Life with Lucia.
33. Kill Inner Clutter Before it Kills You on Be More with Less.
34. Commuters push train off man whose leg became trapped between carriage and platform. This is who we are.
35. America, please stop raising assholes on Renegade Mothering.