1. Dear Bare Heart: A New Advice Column with Isabel Abbott. This particular response is one I really needed to hear.
2. Dear “normal dog” owners… I could have written this.
4. Jesse Williams addresses Sandra Bland death over the course of 24 tweets. (thanks for sharing this, Shellie).
7. Black Women Matter and We Will #SayHerName, a heartbreaking video.
8. BatDad Vine Compilation 10.
9. The one thing every aspiring freelancer, college student or person with access to a time machine should know. Wisdom from Paul Jarvis, who says things like this,
I make a living on the Internet by being myself and sharing the things I’ve learned. But I’m also scared shitless to be myself and share the things I’ve learned.
11. When Information Becomes Clutter and Noise and The Best Simplicity Articles (10 Most Popular Posts on Be More with Less) from Be More With Less.
12. Truthbombs from Danielle LaPorte, “Clarity creates simplicity,” and “Start with willingness.”
13. Creative Thursday – Season 1 Official Trailer.
15. 10 Life-Changing Tips for Highly Sensitive People from Marc and Angel Hack Life.
16. The noun and the verb from Austin Kleon.
17. Wisdom from
Francesca Reigler, Carlos Castaneda (thanks for the corrected attribution, Lori), “We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” Oh, snap.
19. Dear Guy Who Is Mad Because I Wrote A Gay Character In A Book from Terrible Minds.
21. The process of transformation and how we screw it up from Life is Limitless.
22. When you get through the big pain, this is what happens: Near-blinding radiance. By Danielle LaPorte.
23. Good stuff from Alexandra Franzen: Productivity secrets that I learned from a sexy chef, and This might help you stick with your fitness goals, and Just the right words. Just the right time. Three stories to inspire you to say them., and How hard are you trying, really? And this, from her newsletter (which you should really sign up for if you aren’t already getting it), “Transformation of any kind — big or small — begins with a personal choice.”
25. Onward Voyage, a new blog from my friend Kathryn.
27. #18: Transform your relationship with food (and yourself) with Isabel Foxen Duke, on The Brave Exchange podcast.
28. 7 Reliable Steps to Change Your Life at Any Age from Marc and Angel Hack Life.
29. Screaming at Fat People for Fun and Profit from Dances with Fat. Because this,
It is possible that a few of these people have become so deluded and confused by a culture where fat hating is rampant and encouraged (including by the government) that they think this is a good idea, or their sense of self-importance is so over-exaggerated that they think that they are being brave and helping those who are beneath them, but at the end of the day they are still bullying and abusing people and their behavior is still deeply wrong.
30. Rachel Cole is accepting applications for the next round of Feast. Rachel says, “There are just 30 spaces and they will be filled on a first apply basis. Do not wait to apply if you think you want to be a part of Feast. The deadline to apply is August 19th. I expect Feast to fill long before then.” I took part in the first session and loved it. Feel free to email me if you have questions about it, email@example.com.