1. Love Is… (Holy Shit, I Have Cancer) on Huffington Post by Elana Miller. The post she wrote just before this one is worth a read too, Our World is Rule by Love.
2. Good stuff from Viral Nova: As If A 1,000 Year Old Tree Isn’t Awesome Enough, Wait Til You See What’s Inside It and If I Gave You 30 Guesses, You Still Wouldn’t Guess What’s Behind This Door. It’s That Awesome (if you want to see more about this one, check out this video) and Her Dad Found A Box In The Snow. Nothing Could Prepare Them For What Was In It.
3. on real beauty by Karen Walrond. I think I’ve shared this before, but it’s worth another look.
4. Among Friends: a new year’s prose from Jeff Oaks.
5. How to Live a Creative Life.
6. Wisdom from Matt Licata: A sadness pouring out of your overflowing heart and
Though you cannot
remember it now,
you have taken a vow
with the stars
as your witness,
to offer your heart
to this world.
You have agreed
to remain naked, raw,
and vulnerable forever,
to enter into
the heart of sadness
and the ocean of tenderness
if that is where love calls you.
Your only guide
is the unknown
and the only map
is found inside
the cells of your own heart.
7. Farewell 2013 from Dallas Clayton.
8. Neil Gaiman is blogging again.
9. Good stuff from Patti Digh: your daily rock : be someone’s angel, your daily rock : embrace what is, your daily rock : simple wisdom, and your daily rock : look within.
10. Wisdom from Susan Piver: The necessity of emotion and What I Wish For You.
11. Blessings, a new offering from Kristin Noelle.
12. The 7 emails that nobody wants to receive — and how to answer each one, with love from Alexandra Franzen.
13. Wisdom from David Whyte,
You must learn one thing.
The world was made to be free in.
Give up all other worlds except the one to which you belong.
Sometimes it takes darkness
and the sweet confinement of your aloneness
to learn that anything or anyone that does not bring you alive
is too small for you.
14. Wisdom from Anaïs Nin, “The role of a writer is not to say what we can all say, but what we are unable to say.”
15. This Video Is The Only Thing You Need To Watch To Understand That It’s Love That Makes A Family on Huffington Post.
16. 5 Things To Say ‘F**k It To’ In January on Huffington Post.
17. Tap Into Creativity by Letting Go on Scoutie Girl.
18. Wisdom from Guillaume Apollinaire,
Come to the edge. We can’t. We’re afraid.
Come to the edge. We can’t. We will fall!
Come to the edge. And they came.
And he pushed them. And they flew.
19. 21 Things That Inevitably Happen When You Work In An Office on BuzzFeed.
20. Stateless Mindset from Zen Habits.
21. It’s time to own it on Superhero Life.
22. “But what if I fail?” from Seth Godin.
23. An Honorable Last Wish For A Dying Marine on NPR.
24. Man Builds Fairy Tale Home for His Family – Total Cost £3,000, and it’s so dreamy.
25. It’s Enough Already With “Giving Zero Fucks” on A Life Less Bullshit.
26. Materialism: a system that eats us from the inside out on The Guardian, which says, “This is the dreadful mistake we are making: allowing ourselves to believe that having more money and more stuff enhances our wellbeing.”
27. 66 Amazing Examples Of Paper Art on demilked.
28. my word (with wings) from Sas Petherick.
29. Why 2014 Will Be The Year Of Mindful Living from Huffington Post. Guess I was ahead of the curve.
30. I Broke My Scale from Vivienne McMaster.