1. Wisdom from Brave Girls Club,
We all have parts of ourselves that need working on. We all think thoughts that aren’t the best thoughts we could be thinking. We all do things we wish we would have done better, or differently, or not at all. We all make mistakes, every single day….every single one of us. And then, we all wake up every day with lots of chances to start over. It is one of the miracles of life…Let yesterday go, be done with it. Walk onto your light-filled path and make today a better day.
3. Wisdom from Pema Chödrön,
The opposite of samsara (the cycle of suffering) is when all the walls fall down, when the cocoon completely disappears and we are totally open to whatever may happen, with no withdrawing, no centralizing into ourselves. That is what we aspire to, the warrior’s journey. That is what stirs us: leaping, being thrown out of the nest, going through the initiation rites, growing up, stepping into something that’s uncertain and unknown.
5. You are a writer. So, write. Deeply. on Rebelle Society.
6. Prompt of the Week: Junk Mail Poetry from Wolverine Farm Publishing Co. & Bookstore, and my dear friend Chloé, the 2014 Poet Laureate of Fort Collins.
7. The generosity boomerang from Seth Godin.
8. Five things you can do to overcome fear on Life is Limitless.
9. The Bite I Chose Not to Take, from Mara Glatzel.
10. Truthbomb from Danielle LaPorte, “Make the necessary adjustments for your life to become more meaningful.”
11. A Conversation with Julia Cameron about Channeling Your Creativity on Huffington Post.
12. The ultimate guide to naming your “thing” from Alexandra Franzen.
15. 6 Things That I Understand About The Fat Acceptance Movement from the Militant Baker.
16. Wisdom from Geneen Roth,
For some reason, we are truly convinced that if we criticize ourselves, the criticism will lead to change. If we are harsh, we believe we will end up being kind. If we shame ourselves, we believe we end up loving ourselves. It has never been true, not for a moment, that shame leads to love. Only love leads to love.
17. Good stuff from Bored Panda: Photographer Takes Stunning Surreal Photos With An Old $50 Film Camera and WTF? 22 Of The Weirdest and Most Unexplainable Pictures Ever and Hidden Macro World Revealed By Japanese Photographer Miki Asai.
18. Use These 19 Genius Cleaning Hacks This Spring. I Can’t Believe I Never Thought Of #13 Til Now. on Viral Nova. Seriously, #13 is brilliant.
19. Success, failure and the drive to keep creating, Elizabeth Gilbert’s second TED Talk, in which she says,
For me, going home meant returning to the work of writing because writing was my home, because I loved writing more than I hated failing at writing, which is to say that I loved writing more than I loved my own ego, which is ultimately to say that I loved writing more than I loved myself. And that’s how I pushed through it.
Your home is whatever in this world you love more than you love yourself. So that might be creativity, it might be family, it might be invention, adventure, faith, service, it might be raising corgis, I don’t know, your home is that thing to which you can dedicate your energies with such singular devotion that the ultimate results become inconsequential.
20. The Moment This Man Finds Out He’s Going To Be A Grandpa Will Make You Tear Up on Huffington Post. Somehow “we’re getting a new puppy” never manages to elicit the same emotion…
21. Friday’s Confession: I Was Copied from Tiffany Han.
22. How to Be a Writer by M. Molly Backes on Medium.
23. The art of Sarah Jarrett.
24. By Another Way, a poem by Jan Richardson shared by Ronna Detrick on her blog.
25. My Formula for Stumbling Through with Grace from Be More with Less.
26. Wisdom from Kristin Noelle, who describes so perfectly where I am right now,
…those stretches when you’re still close enough to some “before” version of yourself to remember him or her well, to still have his or her knee-jerk feelings and reactions to things….but you’re not that version of yourself anymore either, and you’re noticing a whole new paradigm, a whole new way of being in the world, vying for attention and time.
27. Newspaper + marker = poetry: The story behind my newspaper blackout poems, on Medium from Austin Kleon.
29. What I Wish I Knew After My MFA Ended on the Brevity blog.
31. Writing Practice – why it’s time to stop thinking of writing as a profession by Damien Walter.
32. Teachasana, “An online resource for yoga teachers and teachers-in-training.”
33. On writing, courage, and showing up on Life with Lucia.
34. 28 T-Shirts For When You Literally Cannot from BuzzFeed.
35. Wisdom from Elizabeth Gilbert on Facebook, Are you feeling more afraid than you need to feel?
36. How To Stop Making A Big Deal About Your Problems, Pema Chödrön on MindBodyGreen.