What is in my bag:
- Sunglasses case
- Espe Wallet
- Camera case that I use to carry both my phone and my camera
- A spare poop bag (for the dogs, not me)
- Wrappers from the after dinner mints from the Adobe
- CSU office and building keys
- A bracelet made in Africa
- A grocery list: 1/2 pint jam jars, lemons, pectin fruit, cake flour, buttermilk, purple grapes, pine nuts
- A bunch of hair ties (I seem to either have 20 or zero)
- Eye glass cleaner and cleaning cloth
- Three pens, two which are my favorite Pentel Clarius and the other from CSU Parking Services
- A card for the bakery that sells my favorite brownie cookies
- An empty Altoids Smalls container (I ate the last ones yesterday)
- Dental floss
- A tube of Excedrin
- Strawberry Chapstick
- Rescue Remedy Spray
- A small wallet with various club cards, business cards, discount cards, extra credit cards, insurance cards, gift cards
- Address book
- Spare cellphone battery
- Carrier for my “life” cards (it doesn’t really work to call them business cards)
- Another envelop of gift cards
It might look tiny, but it’s mighty.
At 10 p.m. last night, when I should have been sleeping, I remembered I forgot to post my weekly gratitude list. It’s funny how that can happen, how you get so turned around in the best kind of way that you don’t even really know what day it is.
1. Cool weather. This has been the least hot summer, and I am fine with that.
2. Strawberry, peach, watermelon, cucumber, and tomato season. Yum.
3. Libraries. I am making an effort to not own so many books, and being able to find what I want at the library helps. The best is when I can find it at the Colorado State University library because as someone who is classified as faculty (although nontenured), I can check things out and keep them for a whole year if I want.
4. These two. Ringo is growing up and Sam is already grown and they get along so well. It’s getting easier again to have two, and two really is the right number for me.
5. Good friends. Coffee and conversation with one, a letter from another, and one with a birthday and pie.
Bonus Joy: My CSU office is still in boxes on the back of a truck somewhere, which keeps me from going back to work too soon, keeps me from feeling any guilt whatsoever about what needs done.