1. Just enough computer knowledge, knowing where to find support and being brave enough to try stuff, to get things working again. Now if I just had the patience to not be so irritated, frustrated when stuff happens that needs attention.
2. A date to go visit puppies. On Monday, we are going to visit two litters of Cattle Dog puppies. One of them might be our boy.
3. Friends who invite you to dinner on Christmas, and even though they are the ones with two little kids, they do most of the cooking and all of the clean up, and they don’t give you a hard time when you go home early because you are tired.
4. Gifts, the kind given with love and attention to what you like, who you are. I got these kinds of gifts this season, which is why I have so many new blank journals and books.
5. The opportunity, the willingness to let go. I spent all day yesterday in the garage, purging, clearing space, making piles to donate and throw away.
Bonus Joy: Sam. How he let me take a picture of him wearing a Christmas scarf. How he snuck one of my cookies last night, possibly in retribution.