1. Conceptual art by Rune Guneriussen.
2. Future Me, write an email to your future self.
3. Why You Absolutely, Positively Have to Share Your Gifts from Ken on Paper. His story sounds so much like mine.
4. Big news. Two books. And … the future. Love Alex Franzen’s new site design, and can’t wait for a book from her. She’s wicked smart.
6. 15 Things I’m Happier Without by Miss Minimalist.
7. Maybe the most beautiful blog: 3x3x365 It will make you laugh, it will make you cry.
8. You know you are a design nerd when this excites you: Subtle Patterns. Tilable textured patterns, free to use.
9. Nebraska third grader dresses ‘in character’ every day for school. I pray that life doesn’t ruin this girl, because she’s amazing.
10. Two important messages from my Inner Pilot Light:
In a Doing culture, it’s easy to forget the value of Being. But your soul is not here on this earth to DO anything. It’s here to BE something. When you’re so busy Doing, sometimes you forget to just BE. So please – do me a favor – take some time. Get quiet. Retreat. Pull back. Do less. BE more.
Oh honey. Why the punching bag? Why must you beat yourself up so
fiercely when all I see is this precious being I only want to hug? If only you could see what I see, you would realize that, when you let your Gremlins go bananas in your mind, you hurt not just yourself but everyone you love. Instead, let me give you a heaping helping of just what the doctor ordered. (((((((((((((((((Jill Salahub))))))))))))))))))) Love is all you need.
11. 30 Simple Ways to Simplify Your Life from Marc and Angel Hack Life.
12. Five Tactics Bloggers Can Steal from Fiction Writers from Cynthia Morris at Original Impulse.
13. How To Reduce Fear & Anxiety About Disease & Death – Part 4 from Lissa Rankin.
14. One cool way to figure out what your badass life is about from creative badass Justine Musk.
15. 99 Life Hacks to make your life easier! Give yourself some time to look at these. They will make you laugh, and I guarantee you’ll want to try some of them.
17. The Science of Dogs from Doghouse Diaries. This made me laugh out loud.
18. The emergency compliment. This could come in handy. The one I just got was “Your sneezes sound like angels giggling.” Why, thank you.