2. Good stuff from MindBodyGreen: 30 Things To Do Before You Die, and Gluten-Free Maple Granola (a recipe), and 5 Tips To Ditch Needless Pressures & Let Feeling Good Be Your Guide, and It’s Monday! Make These Gluten-Free Autumn Cookies! (I don’t care that these are supposed to be “good for you,” they look delicious), and Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Mint Chocolate Superfood Snack Balls (same goes here), and 13 Small Choices That Can Change Your Life In Great Ways, and 21 Bad Habits To Avoid If You Want To Be Happy.
3. Family stories: The ones we claim, and the ones that claim us from Christina Rosalie, in which she says,
More than ever I can feel the way certain embers in my ribcage flare up with the unavoidable heat of this: to write is everything. And increasingly, the only thing. Over and over again I find my way to this truth, even as discovering what it truly means for my everyday life is still an act in progress.
4. 20 Funny Sidewalk Signs from Pleated Jeans.
5. Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potato recipe from The Healthy Chef.
6. 19 Adorable Ways To Decorate A Light Switch Cover from BuzzFeed DIY.
7. Perfect Day from Jeff Oaks.
8. Actually, you’re the guru. Notes on resonance and respect. from Danielle LaPorte.
9. Are You Buying The Healthiest Frozen Veggie Burger? on Food Babe, which led me to Think Twice Before Buying This Type of Burger.
10. Feed Your Roots With Roots from Meg Worden.
12. Everyday Objects Turned Into Imaginative Illustrations by Javier Pérez on Bored Panda.
13. The 24 Most Hipster Things That Have Ever Happened from BuzzFeed.
14. Me, the overly sensitive child, by Anne Lamott on Salon, in which she says something that made me have to stop reading and weep,
As far as I can recall, none of the adults in my life ever once remembered to say, “Some people have a thick skin and you don’t. Your heart is really open and that is going to cause pain, but that is an appropriate response to this world. The cost is high, but the blessing of being compassionate is beyond your wildest dreams. However, you’re not going to feel that a lot in seventh grade. Just hang on.”
15. Unchaining Creativity: Thirty Ways to Say I Love You on Scoutie Girl.
16. Should is a Warning Sign from Shauna Niequist.
18. The 19 Most Relatable Tweets From Mindy Kaling on BuzzFeed. There is just nothing more glorious and valuable than a funny woman.
19. Wisdom from Elizabeth Gilbert on Facebook.
20. Wisdom from Pema Chödrön,
The third noble truth says that the cessation of suffering is letting go of holding on to ourselves. By “cessation” we mean the cessation of hell as opposed to just weather, the cessation of this resistance, this resentment, this feeeling of being completely trapped and caught, trying to maintain huge ME at any cost. The teachings about recognizing egolessness sound quite abstract, but the path quality of that, the magic instruction that we have all received, the golden key is that part of the meditation technique where you recognize what’s happening with you and you say to yourself, “Thinking.” Then you let go of all the talking and the fabrication and discussion, and you’re left just sitting with the weather—the quality and the energy of the weather itself. Maybe you still have that quaky feeling or that churning feeling or that exploding feeling or that calm feeling or that dull feeling, as if you’d just been buried in the earth. You’re left with that. That’s the key: come to know that.
21. On Owning It from Seth Godin.
22. Wisdom from Norman Fischer,
To simply be present with our lives at the depth that meditation practice can take us to is a profound accomplishment. To inhabit our lives in this way is to meet and become the Buddha, to be touched by and to touch the divine. Cutting through our entanglements without denying them, we reach the ultimate, not by an act of transcendence, but simply by living with full awareness.
23. Meditation For Those Of Us Who Can’t Sit Still from Get to the Good.
24. 105 Action Steps to Make You Bold, Brave and Successful from The Bold Life.
25. Wisdom from Martha Beck,
You are never required to do more than you can do in peace. Right now, take a breath, return to peace, and refuse to leave.
26. 12 Simple Strategies to Create Space Each Day from Becoming Minimalist.
28. 38,445 Miles by Rachel Cole.