1. Kickstarter project: Broken Saviors, “Broken Saviors is an original graphic series that explores what happens when humanity becomes the subject of a global ‘nation building’ endeavor conducted by a mysterious race of aliens who claim they’re here to save us.” Written by my good friend and CSU colleague, Todd Mitchell. Issue #1 of this alien invasion epic is available now and FREE!
2. The Weight of the Evidence: It’s time to stop telling fat people to become thin on Slate.
3. Wisdom from Anne Lamott on Facebook
Even if you grew up with parents who loved each other, and their kids, it’s very hard and erratic here. And if you grew up around alcoholism, or mental illness, you developed ways of surviving that much terror and craziness, which have–let’s say–not served you in later years.
You grew up with a clenched fist in your stomach, agreeing not to see what’s going on; tip-toe-ing around, not trusting yourself as a reliable narrator, trying to rescue people who were 30 years older and hundred pounds bigger. Scared, alone, small.
You grow up waiting for the other shoe to drop.
But I think God only has one shoe. Love never fails; never not once, eventually. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not ever overcome it, at some point. Never not once.
4. Modcloth. I like how this company rolls.
5. Good stuff on Medium: The Laziest Coming Out Story You’ve Ever Heard and The complete and logical guide to winning at your own life in 19 super difficult steps.
6. How to Protect Yourself from Thinspiration Disguised as Yoga.
7. Dove’s One Beautiful Thought Will Have You Thinking Twice About Yourself.
8. Watching an Elegy: My Love of Gus Seinberg, Gay, Jewish Dog from Sara Seinberg. One day if I’m lucky, I will have an old dog.
9. How to Become Gluten Intolerant (Funny) – Ultra Spiritual Life episode 12 – with JP Sears
10. This Rare ‘Magic Rabbit’ Was Spotted For The First Time In 20 Years And It May Soon Be Lost Forever.
11. When Addiction Is An Act of Bravery And Self-Love from Rebelle Society.
12. “I Was the Fattest Hiker on the Mountain”: An overweight mom makes a soul-searching climb up Kilimanjaro.
13. Nothing is the New Skinny from Dances with Fat.
14. Buddhist Author and Meditation Teacher Lodro Rinzler Speaks About Compassion, Honesty and Wisdom in the Workplace.
15. She lists 10 things every woman should know. #3 makes me weak at the knees. Her poem “Beautiful Body” is one of my favorites. I have such a crush on Natalie Patterson…
16. How to Talk to Others about Your Intuitive Eating Journey from Jenna Hollenstein.
17. The Top 10 Lies Keeping Us from Eradicating Racism.
18. This isn’t a Bucket List; it’s a F**k-it List.
19. 5 Year Old Girl Discusses Princess Leia’s Slave Outfit with Dad.
20. Recovering From An Eating Disorder.
21. Groupon Posted This Product on Facebook, Then Replied to Everyone Who Made a Sex Joke.
22. How Obesity Became a Disease.
24. Imagine What It’d Be Like If People Left Parties The Way They Leave Facebook.
25. Artist Creates Memorial Ash Beads From Cremated Remains Of Deceased Loved Ones. I want, one for Obi and one for Dexter.
26. Yoga Doesn’t Care: A Disclaimer that should be Posted in every Studio on The Elephant.
27. Wisdom from Pema Chödrön,
We can begin anything we do—start our day, eat a meal, or walk into a meeting—with the intention to be open, flexible, and kind. Then we can proceed with an inquisitive attitude. As my teacher Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche used to say, “Live your life as an experiment.”
At the end of the activity, whether we feel we have succeeded or failed in our intention, we seal the act by thinking of others, of those who are succeeding and failing all over the world. We wish that anything we learned in our experiment could also benefit them.
28. Wisdom from Lori Deschene, “We can’t hate ourselves into a version of ourselves we can love.”
29. The real inner circle from Susannah Conway.
30. They asked 11,000 people: What stands between you and where you want to be? One answer stood out. I love you, Soul Pancake.