1. The Wild Call of Selfishness from Mara Glatzel, which says,
All of the good that you will do on this planet – all of the relationships you will build, work you will create, and lives that you will impact – relies squarely on how well you take care of yourself and how much space you allow yourself in your own life.
Also from Mara, In Service to Your Big Dream.
2. Weekend Treats are back on Visible and Real.
3. Note from the Universe, “Hey, Jill, what if, instead of waiting for everything to be perfect, we start living your dreams this week, to any degree we can?”
4. Thailand’s White Temple Looks Like It Came Down From Heaven from Bored Panda.
5. Wisdom from Geneen Roth,
The purpose of healing is not to be forever happy; that is impossible. The purpose of healing is to be awake. And to live while you are alive instead of dying while you are alive. Healing is about being broken and whole at the same time. Healing is about opening our hearts, not closing them. It is about softening the places in us that won’t let love in. Healing is a process.
6. Good stuff from Viral Nova: Barefoot Street Performer Stuns The Audience With Her Soulful Voice, and Japanese Artist Delivers Beautiful Paper Works Of Art, and These 31 Google Street View Pictures Are Hilarious, and Tiny Houses That Are Cooler Than Mansions.
7. Wisdom from Jessica Patterson,
Through kindness, strength arises. Not force, control, defense, manipulation, or intimidation. Those strategies keep us disconnected, tense, and ultimately far more breakable. Whether you’re talking hamstrings or heart strings, the real power is in being kind. And real kindness requires you show up open and receptive to what is (vs what you want).
9. “Wild”: Telluride Review. I can’t wait to see this movie.
10. 3 Things I Know About Becoming a Writer on Be More With Less. Word.
12. The 4-Year-Old’s Workday on McSweeney’s.
13. Support Jes Baker Creating World Change. I really want to see this work, for many reasons.
14. Good stuff from Elephant Journal: Your Problems Are Blessings (really, do the exercise she suggests — it’s powerful), and Why One Life Hack Can Change Everything, and The interview Moment that changed Oprah’s Life (and mine).
15. My Facebook Friend Lived a Good Life and Then Died Too Soon on New York Observer.
16. Comic Strip of Alan Watts’ Lecture: “What If Money Was No Object?” (thanks for sharing the link, Sandi).
17. Reboot of Die Trying: One Man’s Year of Digital Detox from Outside Online.
18. Good stuff from Treehugger: Romantic tiny forest home built in 6 weeks for $4,000 and What would our homes look like if designed around how we use them?
19. The Most Amazing Stone Walls You Will See Today on Twisted Sifter.
20. Sit a Spell on SouleMama.
21. What no one wants to say about Ferguson!, a very Buddhist perspective on recent events.
22. A Life of Balance: Turn Off The News from Jack Kornfield.
23. This Is What It’s Like To Be An Unarmed Black Man In America from Funny or Die on Huffington Post.
25. Good stuff from MindBodyGreen: How To Do Downward Dog (Cute Infographic!) and 30 Amazing Photos That Will Make You Wish You Were At Burning Man 2014.
26. Why You Might Be Asking the Wrong Question About Suicide from Todd Mitchell.
27. Navigate Your Life: Karen Walrond from Jennifer Louden.
28. How Can Men Help Prevent Sexual Assault? on The New York Times.
29. “The List Of Rules For Women” By Jay Smooth Gets Everything Right on Huffington Post.
31. On wholeness & loving ourselves realistically from Susannah Conway.
34. The place I want to get back to from Judy Clement Wall.
35. Shared on Chookooloonks’ this was a good week list: Naterade : Being good to each other is so important, guys, and The Myth of Effortless, and Jennifer Orkin Lewis on Lisa Congdon’s blog.
36. force creates fear, fear destroys trust… from Pia Jane Bijkerk.
38. Abandon hope on Painted Path.
39. Us/Them from Dallas Clayton.
40. We Must Move Into Love from Sandi Amorim.
43. I went to the mountains and remembered why we have kids on Renegade Mothering.
44. 50 Essays Guaranteed to Make You a Better Person on Flavorwire.
45. Where good things happen from Christina Rosalie. *sigh*