Compassion is the spontaneous wisdom of the heart. It’s always with us. It always has been and always will be. When it arises in us, we’ve simply learned to see how strong and safe we really are.
When you understand, Jill, that what most people really, really want is simply to feel good about themselves, and when you realize that with just a few well-chosen words you can help virtually anyone on the planet instantly achieve this, you begin to realize just how simple life is, how powerful you are, and that love is the key.
4. Good stuff on Medium: The Price of Modern Life Is Depression And Loneliness?, and The Micro-Dwellings of Hong Kong, and Navigating By the Stars, and Seat 21A: A window seat reminder of humanity.
5. Heroes (Vocal Mix) by Cazzette.
6. Call Me Cupcake. Warning, this blog will make you swoon with 14 kinds of hunger.
7. Effective marketing for introverts from Paul Jarvis.
8. Of curtains and climate change and compromise on This (Sorta) Old Life. If everyone made choices so thoughtfully, so compassionately, we’d come much closer to easing suffering, in ourselves and in the world.
9. Bridging the gap from Life is Limitless. I’ve been following Caroline’s journey for a long time, since back when she quit her job, sold all her things, and started traveling. I am so loving the things she’s creating right now.
10. Hello, Wonderful with Mara Glatzel. I just got my first email this morning — so good. And there’s still time to sign up, 12 days of love notes. Even if you don’t sign up, you really should subscribe to her newsletter, because this: In Celebration of Your Quiet Revolutions and this: In Full Bloom.
11. You do not have to be good on Writing Our Way Home.
12. Wisdom from Pema Chödrön. She’s talking about meditation here, but I think it applies to all types of practice.
We’re encouraged to meditate every day, even for a short time, in order to cultivate steadfastness with ourselves. We sit under all kinds of circumstances—whether we are feeling healthy or sick, whether we’re in a good mood or depressed, whether we feel our meditation is going well or is completely falling apart. As we continue to sit we see that meditation isn’t about getting it right or attaining some ideal state. It’s about being able to stay present with ourselves. It becomes increasingly clear that we won’t be free of self-destructive patterns unless we develop a compassionate understanding of what they are.
13. Why I’m Done With Dreaming Big on Create as Folk. Amen, Laura.
15. Wisdom from Shanti, “At the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy, and your eyes sparkling.” (Thanks for sharing, Dani).
16. Why We Tell Stories from Laurie Wagner. This, “The biggest boogy man was always you.” Oh how I adore her…
17. Good stuff from Viral Nova: Puppy Approves Of Her Soon-To-Be Baby Sister and This Loving Couple Built The Home Of Their Dreams…And Ours.
18. I Quit Eating Only Salad or Eating Only Cake — Because I am Worthy, Loved & Beautiful on Rebelle Society.
19. Why BMI Is a Big Fat Scam on Mother Jones.
20. On the Private Heart from Dani Shapiro.
22. Redeemed, Amitava Kumar interviews Cheryl Strayed.
23. Wisdom from Geneen Roth on Facebook,
Words like should, shouldn’t, right, wrong, good, bad, they don’t work. They don’t work, because that’s not enough of a heart inspiration. Because, unless you know what you want, you will flip and flop from one to the other.
So ask yourself: What do you want? Who do you want to be? What matters to do? And move towards. In order to truly change, it takes moving towards, not moving away, because moving away is not good enough.
25. Wisdom from Cassandra Clare. (thanks to Pixie Campbell for sharing).
Whatever you are physically…male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy — all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but YOU are the light inside.
26. It’s a mitzvah for others to help, a voice memo from Andrea Scher.
27. This Rescued Elephant Playing with Ribbon is the Best Thing You’ll See Today on Twisted Sifter.
28. 9 Rules Every Yoga Teacher Should Follow on Elephant Journal.
29. Tiny Home in the Woods. I want to go to there.
30. The hours become like a dream, the days like liquid one swelling towards the next from Christina Rosalie, truly one of my favorite writers.
32. 20 Vivid Hummingbird Close-ups Reveal Their Incredible Beauty on Bored Panda.
33. Fig Tart with Goat Cheese and Pistachios. Holy yum.
35. Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass. This song gets stuck in my head.