1. A Photo Essay: Castle Crags on Rowdy Kitten, a beautiful act of remembering.
2. patterns + running + 10 hours of tv from Jessica Swift, a good reminder about the creative process, about balancing your effort with ease.
3. Obesity epidemic? Try hunger crisis. from Nourishing the Soul, which ends with “if we can recognize what it is we are truly hungry for, we might just be able to satiate ourselves.” Word. If you want more on this, you can always look to Rachel Cole, the Hunger Goddess.
4. On determining your worth from Susan Piver.
5. The Habits Of Supremely Happy People on Huffington Post.
6. your daily rock : cut yourself some slack and your daily rock : we are in this together.
7. Blessedly Imperfect on Painted Path.
8. Things to remember on Superhero Life.
9. And I Know It’s Hard on Museful Things by Ken Robert.
10. I’m a F*cking Unicorn. (Or 10 Things to Do When You Get Fired for the First Time.) from Elephant Journal. I feel like I should start reading #6 to myself every morning and see what happens.
11. What, You Don’t Need Me? from Jonathan Fields. We should all aspire to this, no matter what sort of work, parenting, living we do.
12. Stop Juicing: It’s not healthy, it’s not virtuous, and it makes you seem like a jerk on Slate.
13. Good stuff from Seth Godin, The sound of confidence and #BlackFriday = media trap.
14. Program helps low-income elderly and disabled keep their pets on Today@CSU. This seems like a win-win situation, students away from home missing their own dogs or unable to have their own dog while in school and people with dogs who need help caring for them.
15. Things for My Stuff by Jason Good, one of the funniest boy bloggers around.
16. Florida State University AcaBelles – Royals (opb. Lorde).
17. Ward Miles – First Year, a dad films premature son’s miraculous first year. Of course the subject matter pulls at your heart strings, but I’m really sharing this because it’s a beautifully made film.
18. Kid President’s 20 Things We Should Say More Often. Seriously people, Kid President is one of the best things e v e r.
19. Good stuff from Buzzfeed: 38 Best DIY Food Gifts, and 29 Adorably Tiny Versions Of Normal-Sized Things, and 23 Signs You’re A Morning Person, and What It’s Like Being A New TA.
20. Kelly McGonigal: How to make stress your friend, a really great TED Talk.
21. From Susannah Conway’s Something for the Weekend list: Shaved Brussel Sprout Slaw with Pink Grapefruit and a Maple Cider Vinaigrette (recipe), and Winter Recipes – salted caramel candies + kale chips + a sweet potato salad, and The Art of Getting Started Assignments, and Why Creative People Sometimes Make No Sense, and Our American Revolution.
22. The journey has to feel the way you want the destination to feel from Danielle LaPorte, in which she says,
You can’t contract your way to freedom.
You can’t punish your way to joy.
You can’t fight your way to inner peace.
The journey has to feel the way you want the destination to feel.
23. From Rowdy Kitten’s Happy Links list, My Uniform Life (in Five Easy Steps) and Blue Deer Forest Web Hosting and Blogging Services.
24. Everything I know about rest, I learned the hard way from Marianne Elliott.
25. The Necessary Art of Subtraction on Zen Habits.
26. From Positively Present Picks list, Essential Thanksgiving from The New York Times.
27. Good stuff from MindBodyGreen: 10 Signs You’ve Found Your Calling and Yum! Holiday Stuffins That Will Knock Your Socks Off (recipe).
28. Kat McNally is hosting Reverb13 (I have two prompts in the series) and has a new website.
29. The New Black Friday with Sherry Richert Belul.
30. The True Meaning of Non-Attachment and How It Sets You Free from Always Well Within.
31. “Boredom is Rage Spread Thin.” Paul Tillich from Jeff Oaks.
32. 64 Things I Wish Someone Had Told Me About Grief.
33. Wisdom from Lao Tzu,
In pursuit of knowledge,
every day something is acquired.
In pursuit of wisdom,
every day something is dropped.
34. This Dog Can Stack Anything On His Head. You’ll Die Laughing At What His Owner Has Tried. A dog in a hoodie gets me every time.
35. The Art of Cleanup: Ursus Wehrli Playfully Deconstructs and Reorders the Chaos of Life on Brain Pickings.
36. 7 Reasons to Stop Proving Yourself to Everyone Else from Marc and Angel Hack Life.
P.S. Spirit Road, Take Us Home: 100 Animal Card Readings to Usher in the New Year! a great offering from Rachael Maddox that I forgot to tell you about!