1. Getting everything that needed done for the weekend finished by 9:30 a.m. on Saturday.
2. Breakfast for dinner while watching new episodes of HGTV’s International House Hunters on Hulu.
3. Walking at City Park with Eric and Sam.
4. The community in my Intuitive Eating book group, the bravery of those women, their sense of humor and compassion, Rachel‘s gentle guidance. It’s so good to have their support, to know I’m not in this alone.
5. A wise and kind animal card reading from the wise and kind Rachael Maddox, full of deep insights and things worth contemplating.
Bonus Joy: Sam. He’s trying so hard to be a good boy, to be brave without Dexter, but it’s been hard on him. He’s more afraid, more nervous than he used to be — the other night he was making me so sad, sticking right next to me like a velcro dog, afraid of the vegetable steamer and the noises it was making. A few days before that, it was the washing machine. Hang in there Dude, you won’t be the only boy forever.