1. This wisdom from Kristen Noelle’s Trust Notes,
And I sit here with these many things, getting quiet. Leaning into silence. I’m listening for what wants to be said, and the only thing that arises is this sense that we need holding space.
Holding space where more mental processing isn’t required.
Holding space for the feelings that arise – often in combinations that surprise and confound us.
Holding space where more lists of what to do, or what not to do, or how to get more healthy feel moot somehow. Not stupid – just not needed right now.
Holding space for stillness.
Holding space for not-striving.
Holding space for noticing our breath.
It’s not a checking out of life, a numbing to it. But rather a pause to simply be.
2. This wisdom from Tama J. Kieves,
Going after your dreams isn’t about “getting things done.” It’s about being “undone,” letting go of limiting assumptions, forgiving yourself deeply, falling in love with yourself, your life, your consciousness and your gifts. It’s a process, not a race.
Have things gotten harder lately? You are walking through fire. These times will burn away the false. Only the real and true remains. You cannot be diffuse and potent at the same time. The fire times burn off everything that does not match your soul.
4. My Creative Joy : Fabric from Rachel Cole, (hey look, Rachel, you’re in the top ten again!). I am afraid to go near a fabric store. As the daughter of a seamstress and the niece of a quilter and many other crafty women, I know that it’s only a matter of time before I am similarly obsessed — I want to make stuff!
6. 59 Awesome FREE things to do to Feel Amazingly Alive, from The Freedom Experiment.
7. 10 Ways to Stop Overeating Today from Anne-Sophie.
9. Habits: A Simple Change in Mindset Changes Everything from Zen Habits.
10. This wisdom from Brave Girls Club
You are doing so many good things. You are going so many wonderful directions. You are spreading so much goodness and kindness and wild-happy energy.
You are making goals and dreaming dreams and trying to do even better than you did yesterday.
You are thinking about people you love and how you can serve them, you are a loyal friend and family member. You are making an enormous difference in the lives of all who know you, and in so many lives you don’t even know about too.
It’s time to give yourself a break. time to stop and thank your body and your soul for everything it does to keep you going. This would be a great weekend to do just that . . . give yourself a break. Pat yourself on the back and take a nap and a hot bath. Even eat some chocolate! 🙂
Sure, there are still lots of things for you to work on, and you will get to that. You are doing great, and sometimes you just have to stop and let yourself breathe, evaluate, rest, recharge, restore.
Take good care of yourself, fabulous friend. We need all of the fabulousness of you!
11. This cuteness from Reddit. An elephant, a dog, and the ocean in the background, it really doesn’t get much better — unless of course there are two dogs, and a pie.
14. This is what your supermarket would look like if all the bees died off, heartbreaking pictures from Grist.
15. Gaiman’s New ‘Ocean’ Is No Kiddie Pool, an interview with the author, one of my favorites, on NPR. I want this book.
16. Christina Hendricks Should Lose a Few Pounds.* on Elephant Journal.
18. Angry is a habit from Seth Godin.
19. 11 Tips & Tricks for Mindful Writers on Elephant Journal.
22. From Positively Present Picks: 10 Small Ways to Make This The Happiest Summer of Your Life, and Can A Number Determine Your Fate? What Numerology Can Tell You About Your Life Purpose (which led me to this, because apparently I’m a 7), and Yay! Magnets, love them.
24. Do you realise how extraordinary your story is? from Marianne Elliott.
25. This cool post on Reddit, Photographer James Mollison took photos of fans from a bunch of different concerts to show how people will emulate their idols. The photos are amazing. We are all so gloriously weird.
26. C. Jane Kendrick: Weight loss never promised peace: Why I exercise without expectations.
27. Bob Dylan´s HAND LETTERING EXPERIENCE from Senna. I really want to try something like this.
28. When It’s Time for Coziness and Comfort, a really great list on the Mojo Lab.
29. The internet IS real life, from Nextness. All I can say is “amen.”