This post started as a mashup of The Little Bliss List and Joy Jam, and as such is meant to celebrate: the little things that brought me hope and happiness this week, the sweet stuff of life, those small gifts that brought me joy this week. By sharing them, I not only make public my gratitude, but maybe also help you notice your own good stuff and send some positive energy out into the world.
1. Salted Caramel Cocoa in my morning coffee and Clementines. Sometimes, it really is about the little things, sweet and comforting.
2. Mondo Beyondo. Andrea Scher’s vision, her guidance, Jen Lemen’s powerful and inspiring words, the opportunity I have to help and to learn and to revisit this transformative experience, the amazing group of people taking part. I am gobsmacked with gratitude.
3. Amazing people whose wholehearted work continues to make my life, the world better. Andrea Scher, Jen Lemen, Susan Piver, Jennifer Louden, Patti Digh, Brene’ Brown, Rachel Cole, Hannah Marcotti, Jonathan Fields, Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche, Pema Chödrön, Susannah Conway, Sas Petherick, Sherry Belul, Laurie Wagner, and–like any good speech or acknowledgement page, I’m sure I am forgetting more than one someone who should absolutely be on this list. The fact that these and so many others show up each day with courage and an open heart fills me with so much gratitude.
P.S. a short list of those I forgot: Julia Fehrenbacher, Judy Clement Wall, Mary Anne Radmacher, Amy McCraken, Erica Staab, Lindsey Mead, Stacy Morrison, Tammy Strobel, Courtney Carver, Justine Musk…I’ll come back if I think of more (there are SO many).
4. The space this time away from paid work has allowed. As I said before, it’s given me the room necessary to get much clearer about things.
5. Downton Abbey. It’s back and I can watch it for free online. I can’t understand why this show makes me so happy, it just does.
Bonus Joy: Another week with Dexter. Last week, he had a bit of a rough patch, a bloody nose that took a few days to settle down, but this was another good week.