1. This Melissa McCarthy Story Just Might (Maybe? Possibly?) Cheer You Up from The New York Times Magazine. “The dynamic star is trying to keep comedy alive at a moment when Hollywood — and its audience — can’t seem to crack a smile.”
2. 4 Curious Traits Of The Enigmatic INFJ Personality.
3. Why your desk job is so damn exhausting.
4. On grief.
5. Yogi Jessamyn Stanley is So Over Wellness Shaming.
6. The Connection Between Mass Shooters and Malignant Narcissism, According to Psychologists. In related news, Deaths From Gun Violence: How The U.S. Compares With The Rest Of The World.
7. In this week’s edition of “People Behaving Badly”: White Man Chases Black Servicewoman Yelling At Her, ‘Take Off That Uniform, N*gger!’, and ‘What a stupid question’: Trump demeans three black female reporters in three days, and GOP Mississippi Senator Jokes About ‘Public Hanging’ and If You’re Offended, Well Tough On You, and Black Man Precludes Casualties in Bar Shootout—Only to be Shot and Killed by Police, and Hospital worker fired after wearing Confederate shirt with noose to polls, and A Black Teen Was Arrested For Wearing A Hoodie In A Memphis Mall And So Was The Person Defending Him, and Election Judge Tells Black Texas Voter to Get Out, Threatens to Call Cops Because Voter Had Questions.
8. Is ‘wokeness’ robbing us of compassion and replacing it with moral superiority? (video)
9. “Girl, Wash Your Face” Is A Massive Best-Seller With A Dark Message. “In her hugely popular book, Rachel Hollis asks women to interrogate the lies they’ve believed about themselves. But what about the ones she’s telling?”
10. Judge Blocks Disputed Keystone XL Pipeline in Setback for Trump on The New York Times.
11. How The Great British Baking Show helps me cope with Trump depression.
12. 19 things you can do to help California wildfire victims right now. In related news, Paradise Fire Victims in Need, a direct fundraiser by Janelle Hanchett.
13. People Are Posting Their Most Embarrassing Childhood Photos, And It’s Impossible Not To Laugh.
14. ‘Nationalism is a betrayal of patriotism’ — Watch Emmanuel Macron rebuke Trump’s tough talk right to his face. (video) This kind of push back should be happening to him on the regular, from every direction.
15. 6 Things to Do If You’re Feeling Overwhelmed by All the Tragedy in the News.
16. Stacey Abrams Calls For A Count Of ‘Every Vote’ As Brian Kemp Declares Victory. I’m so glad she hasn’t given up. In related news, this is what she is up against, Georgia’s Kemp Purged 340,134 Voters, Falsely Asserting They Had Moved.
17. Thousand Oaks Massacre: Remembering The Victims.
18. NRA Tweets Warning To Anti-Gun Doctors: ‘Stay In Your Lane’. “Treating bullet wounds, telling parents their children have been fatally shot actually IS their lane, angry physicians respond.” In related news, The 18 most satisfying clapbacks at gun nuts in internet history, and America’s easy access to guns is enabling all these mass shootings, and Thousand Oaks and Our Peculiarly American Affliction.
19. Colorado Just Abolished Slavery … Huh!
20. This guy is trying to legally change his age to date younger women on Tinder. (video) In related news, White ‘Born-Again African’ Wins Grant Meant For Artists of Color.
21. Press Corps Backs CNN’s Jim Acosta, Calling Out Sarah Huckabee Sanders For ‘Complete Lie.’
21. 10 Ways to Be an Ally to Indigenous People.
22. Standing Rock sees record voter turnout in spite of voter ID confusion.
23. LGBTQ Candidates Record Historic Midterm Wins In Rainbow Wave. In related news, A List Of Firsts For Women In This Year’s Midterm Elections, and 19 Black Women Just Became Judges In Texas After Winning In The Midterm Elections.
24. Yemen’s Humanitarian Crisis: How to Help from The New York Times.
25. CNN’s Jim Acosta Denied Access To The White House. In related news, Press Corps Backs CNN’s Jim Acosta, Calling Out Sarah Huckabee Sanders For ‘Complete Lie.’
26. 2-year-old creates spooky popcorn.