1. Brave Girl University. This is going to be seriously awesome, y’all. I’m talking epic.
2. Unfurl – Chapter One. Meghan Genge is sharing audio recordings of her new book, one chapter per week. I long for the comfort of curling up and being read to, so this is such a gift.
3. Hard Conversations: An Introduction to Racism, Unconscious Racism, and Silent Racism. This started yesterday, but you can still sign up. Patti is putting this together and offering it for FREE, but if you think it is important, even if you can’t take part any other way, you can help fund this good work.
4. Master working for yourself without crushing your soul by Paul Jarvis.
7. Defining What Works by Rachel Cole.
9. July, in the kitchen from SouleMama. This post makes me hungry.
10. 13 Things I Learned in 13 Years of Teaching My Taos Writing Retreat from Jen Louden.
11. Wisdom from Brave Girls Club, “The people who really matter in your life don’t care what you wear, what you drive or where you live…..they love that beautiful heart of yours.”
12. The Good Questionnaire on A Design So Vast.
13. When you’re done fighting for it. The upside of finally giving up from Danielle LaPorte.
14. Fear Is Fucking Us All Up from Terrible Minds.
15. Good stuff on Rita’s Notebook: Are you already doing the thing you’re meant to do? and Antidote to the August blues.
16. Wisdom from Jessica Patterson:
A spiritual practice ought to be something that can sustain you until your last breath. THAT is why I make time, every damn day, to sit humbly at the feet of trees (or the sea or mountains or the desert, wherever I am) under whatever sky we are given, and just be held. Stilled. I get a lot of “must be nice to have free time” messages from people who miss the subtle but vital distinction: ALL my time is free–mine, and mine to inhabit. That I choose to bow daily at the feet of something beautiful does not mean my schedule is easy or open. I could lament and bitch and do my best to keep up with the Jonesing neuroses of our world and post about that. But I try to carry that practice and beauty into the busyness of my days and remember that I am, in fact, free. My opinions, tastes, abilities, worries, desires, obligations, and interests may shift with time and circumstance. But I think I am always going to want to be held by something bigger than me. And so I practice that daily. No matter what. And you know what? I have not regretted that practice. Not once.
18. Support Isabel in Interfaith Education and Service. Isabel blogs at Lists and Letters, and just started writing an advice column, Dear Bare Heart.
21. Day #18: 7/28/2015: WYSIWYG Ten Lessons from Project Awake 365.
22. Find out how I respond to “Are you a saver or a spender?” in this post on Mabel Magazine’s blog.
23. Burg Story from Amy McCracken. The best and worst story e v e r.
28. Wisdom from Erica Cook, “I’m not interesting in competing with anyone, I hope we all make it.”
29. Tig Notaro Boyish Girl Interrupted – Tease (HBO). Can’t wait to see this.
30. Social Media and Ambient Intimacy from Jason Silva.
31. Wisdom from Christina Rosalie on Instagram,
Love is why we are here, of course.
this life, begging us
to notice it’s wildness,
its unpredictable, yet
certain briefness and wonder.
32. The obesity era.
32. May You Know the Fearlessness of an Open Heart by Sharon Salzberg.