image by eric
This is a shorter list today, blame it on Ringo Blue.
1. Social Media Is a Conversation, Not a Press Release on Medium. And a related article, Tweeting Cancer on The New Yorker and Former New York Times Editor, Wife Publicly Tag-Team Criticism of Cancer Patient. Ugh. on Wired.
2. Dear ‘Daddy’ in Seat 16C on Huffington Post.
3. Zen Productivity on Zen Habits.
4. In Praise of Awkward Toddlers from Rachel Cole.
5. How To Live Like A King For Very Little.
6. The Secret to Happiness (as per the Dalai Lama, et al) from Susan Piver.
7. Russian Mother Takes Magical Pictures of Her Two Kids With Animals On Her Farm on Bored Panda.
8. 10 Places Unhappy People Search for Happiness from Marc and Angel Hack Life.
9. Wisdom from Pema Chödrön,
Those who give us a hard time, who are difficult to be around or who constantly blow our cover, are the very ones who show us where we we’re stuck. The great meditation master Atisha always traveled with his belligerent Bengali tea-boy because it kept him honest. Without his ill-tempered servant to test him, he might have been able to deceive himself about his degree of equanimity. Troublemakers up the ante: if we can practice patience with them, we can practice it with anyone.
10. Wisdom from Elizabeth Gilbert on Facebook.
11. My new desktop wallpaper, shared on Positively Present Picks.
12. Wisdom from Anne Lamott on Facebook.
13. The humility of the artist from Seth Godin, in which he offers this wisdom.
It’s arrogant to assume that you’ve made something so extraordinary that everyone everywhere should embrace it. Our best work can’t possibly appeal to the average masses, only our average work can.
14. “Keep marching.” What a real-life ninja taught me about devotion + mastery from Alexandra Franzen.
15. Shared by Susannah Conway on her Something for the Weekend post, The Great Brooklyn House Snooping of 1978.
16. Truthbomb from Danielle Laporte, “Old patterns flare up when you commit to new ways of being.”