This post is a mashup of The Little Bliss List and Joy Jam, and as such is meant to celebrate: the little things that brought me hope and happiness this week, the sweet stuff of life, those small gifts that brought me joy this week. By sharing them, I not only make public my gratitude, but maybe also help you notice your own good stuff and send some positive energy out into the world.
1. Lemon Poppyseed Scones. I’m kind of obsessed right now. The lemon and sugar combo are like sunshine in my mouth.
2. Cultivating Courage ecourse. It’s technically over now (next session starts January 14th), but we have a private Facebook group and Andrea offered alumni a discounted rate for the next session. 30 days of cultivating a habit is really effective, especially when you have such amazing support. The class gave me more confidence and also allowed me to reconsider what it means to be brave.
3. My original art piece from Mary Anne Radmacher, which I wrote about yesterday.
4. More light for our morning walks. This will only last a week or so, but it was nice that first day after we “fell back” to not have to wear my headlamp and walk in the dark.
5. The end of another election season. Every year, it’s just way too nasty and stressful. Even without regular TV, it’s hard to not feel its impact.
Bonus joy: Three years ago today, we had to let Obi go. He taught me so much about life and love, about fear and courage, about accepting another just as they are, about being safe and loved even when things are uncertain, but most of all how to let go. It’s because of him, his loss, that I can be with what’s happening with Dexter, be with it and keep my heart open. They loved each other so much. Dexter was actually Obi’s dog, and Dexter loved him even more than he loved us or his Little D. If I could only know for sure that letting Dexter go meant he could be with his Obi again, I’d more easily surrender him.