1. The paradox of selfishness from Seth Godin.
2. A Post About The Thing With Feathers from Rita’s Notebook.
3. Tapestry@25: life advice from Rabbi Harold Kushner, the author of When Bad Things Happen to Good People. “Kushner’s philosophy? ‘In an aphorism: Life is painful if you do it right. Life will inevitably hurt you and the quality you need is not to lead a charmed life so that you’ll never be tested. The quality you need is the resilience to get over that. The answer is: live bravely. Live bravely in an unreliable world.'”
4. Noom – Nothing New, Everything Harmful from Dances with Fat.
6. The Afternoon the World Health Organization Declared the Pandemic, a poem by Rosemerry Wahtola Trommer.
9. The Dollhouses of Instagram from The New York Times. “Instagram-inspired enthusiasts are making their interior-design dreams real — only 12 times smaller.”
13. Becoming Light by Laurie Wagner.
The rest of this list is dedicated exclusively and directly to the central theme of the day: COVID-19. I’ve tried my best to find things that are useful, helpful without adding too much to the already existing panic and confusion you might be feeling. Skip it for now if you are feeling overwhelmed with information and need a break, (although, if that’s the case, the “Support” and “Better News” sections might still be of benefit).
14. Yoga with Adriene, if you are looking for an opportunity for your home practice.
15. Dealing with the Immense Uncertainty of the World from Zen Habits.
19. Advice for Putting Your Class Online, a video from my smart, kind husband.
25. Cancel Everything. “Social distancing is the only way to stop the coronavirus. We must start immediately.” In related news, The Dos and Don’ts of ‘Social Distancing’, and Social Distancing: This is Not a Snow Day, and What are the rules of social distancing?.
27. How soap absolutely annihilates the coronavirus. “You’re not just washing viruses down the drain. Soap destroys the coronavirus, a chemistry professor explains.”
28. Disney Parks and Cruise Line Will Close in Response to Coronavirus from The New York Times. In related news, Coronavirus Cancellations: Here’s the List.
29. Coronavirus Cost to Businesses and Workers: ‘It Has All Gone to Hell’ from The New York Times.
31. ‘There Is Plenty of Food in the Country’ from The New York Times.
32. Anti-inflammatories may aggravate Covid-19, France advises. This is the only place I’ve seen this information, so take it with a grain of salt.
People Behaving Badly
34. He Has 17,700 Bottles of Hand Sanitizer and Nowhere to Sell Them from The New York Times. In related news, The Man With 17,700 Bottles of Hand Sanitizer Just Donated Them from The New York Times.
36. Boston Area Residents Stockpile Marijuana In Case Of Coronavirus Quarantine. Toilet paper and weed.
38. Satellite Images Reveal A Dramatic Drop In Pollution During The Coronavirus Quarantine. In related news, Empty Cities and Stalled Industrial Production, New Analysis Shows Coronavirus Has Cut China’s Carbon Emissions by 100 Million Metric Tons.