1. RIP Toni Morrison: ‘The Most Formidable Mind of Our Times.’ Tayari Jones Honors Toni Morrison’s Work and Legacy, and 12 Must Read Books by Toni Morrison, and Ghosts in the House: How Toni Morrison fostered a generation of black writers, and Toni Morrison, Whose Soaring Novels Were Rooted In Black Lives, Dies At 88, and Toni Morrison, Towering Novelist of the Black Experience, Dies at 88 on The New York Times.
2. Wisdom from Ronna Detrick: “Do what your intuition tells you, what you can clearly discern as the right course of action. Trust-trust-trust that you know what you’re doing. And let everything else go – every fear, every anticipated reaction, even every expected risk and seemingly-certain cost. It’s all going to work out.”
3. 4 Ways Embracing Hygge All Year Round Has Changed My Life.
4. Good TV: Derry Girls on Netflix, and Plus One on Hulu, and Glow on Netflix, and the latest episode of Roman’s Cooking Corner on YouTube.
5. How White People Can Hold Each Other Accountable to Stop Institutional Racism.
6. Finding Groundedness in the Age of Anxiety from Zen Habits.
7. Eve Ensler: ‘Writing an apology to myself from my abusive father has freed me.’
8. They Died Shielding Their Baby in El Paso. Their Family’s Anguish Was Only Beginning. In related news, The Couple Killed Saving Their Baby In El Paso Had Just Found A Future Together.
9. Gay penguin dads finally get their own egg after trying to hatch a fish.
10. If Women Behaved Like Men in Bars. (video)
11. White Supremacy Has Never Been Fringe.
12. #GreenShirtGuy: How I went viral.
13. 10 Defensive Reactions to White Privilege That Make No Damn Sense – But Are Super Common.
14. Travel Advisory: United States of America. In related news, After Mass Shootings, Other Nations Issue Caution About ‘Gun Society’ In U.S.
15. Jeffrey Epstein Dead in Suicide at Jail, Spurring Inquiries on The New York Times.
16. You Can’t Have It All a poem by Barbara Ras.
17. Colin Kaepernick Is Reminding The NFL He’s ‘Still Ready’ After Being Blackballed For 889 Days.
18. Notes On An Uprising: Reflections Of A Ferguson Organizer 5 Years After The State-Sanctioned Killing of Mike Brown.
19. 10 Signs It’s Not Your Body, But Your Soul That is Tired.
20. U.S. Soccer hires lobbyists to argue women’s national team isn’t underpaid. Reality is those with poverty mentally will cause whatever suffering and harm neccessary to protect what they see as their resources, their treasure. They are like a toddler yelling, “no, mine, mine!”
21. The Mississippi ICE raids expose the biggest problem with US immigration laws. “They ignore the high demand for workers to fill low-skill jobs in America.”
22. Billionaire Trump donor explains he’s in it for the tax cuts, not the racism.
23. Fox News host Tucker Carlson thinks white supremacy in America is a ‘hoax.’ (video) Only a white supremacist would make this argument. And p.s. stop wasting your time feeling hurt and arguing against someone thinking you are or calling you a racist and BE anti-racist.
24. Hollywood’s favorite villain just helped save a baby from an overturned car. (video)
25. Black Muslim Family Told ‘Go Back To Where You Came From’ By Orange Bigot While Trying To Enjoy The Day At Sesame Place.
26. Here’s How You Can Donate Bone Marrow—And Maybe Save This 29-Year-Old’s Life.
27. I Show The Contrast Between The Two Worlds That We Currently Live In By Combining Photos.
28. Children of undocumented immigrants arrested in Mississippi rely on strangers for food and shelter. In related news ICE Arrests Hundreds in Mississippi Raids Targeting Immigrant Workers on The New York Times. #AbolishICE
29. Stories Of El Paso Shooting Victims Show Acts Of Self-Sacrifice Amid Massacre.
30. How to Buy a Gun in 16 Countries on The New York Times. “Many Americans can buy a gun in less than an hour. In some countries, the process takes months. Here are the basic steps for how most people buy a gun in 16 of them. Many countries have exceptions for specialized professions, and local laws vary.”
31. Cyntoia Brown Is Freed From Prison in Tennessee on The New York Times. “Ms. Brown, 31, was sentenced to life in prison for killing a man while she was a teenage sex trafficking victim. She was granted clemency in January.”
32. Candice Keller’s Comments on Mass Shootings Prompt Call for Resignation in Ohio on The New York Times. “In a Facebook post, the Ohio lawmaker blamed ‘homosexual marriage,’ ‘drag queen advocates’ and ‘recreational marijuana’ for mass shootings.” It’s so convenient that all the things she doesn’t like or approve of are on her list of causes.
33. Obama Urges Americans To Reject Language That ‘Feeds A Climate Of Fear.’