Kind and gentle reader: In a few days, I’m flying to Oregon to visit family for a few days. Since I won’t be online much and flying home on Monday, there won’t be a Something Good list next week. Don’t forgot, there are 390 of them at this point, so you could always look back through the archives and see if there’s anything you missed, make/do something good of your own, make your own list to share, or take the week off (that’s my favorite option).
1. A Call to Serve | EP7: The Sacred and Liberatory Power of Rest with Tricia Hersey of The Nap Ministry. “Tune in to hear Tricia, the Nap Bishop herself, share with Andréa about the Nap Ministry and the journey that brought her to it. If you’ve never come across this work, prepare yourself for some blessings.”
5. Take me back to the south of France on SF Girl. All the beds! This place looks like nap heaven.
7. Weekend Read: Racism is Killing Black Americans from the Southern Poverty Law Center.
8. These are AOC’s greatest hits. (video) “Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez quickly became one of the most exciting and divisive names in politics, offering a progressive alternative to Trump’s America.”
9. Do Good Recklessly. It’s my new mantra.
14. Rape Case Judge Resigns Over ‘Good Family’ Remark; State Orders Training on The New York Times.
17. With ‘Molly of Denali,’ PBS Raises Its Bar for Inclusion on The New York Times. “Dozens of Alaska Native writers and advisers were recruited to help create the children’s series, one of the first to have a Native American lead.”
18. 7 Rules to Live By with Billy Porter. (video)
19. A blindfolded reveal so great, dad jumps for joy. (video) My favorite thing is that at first, Dad was just as excited about his kid getting a new truck.
20. ICE attempted to bring a Tennessee man into custody. His neighbors formed a human chain. We can help each other. We can resist.
21. Plus-Size Adventurers You Should Follow. “Diversify your Instagram feed with plus-size ultrarunners, kayakers, and other bold outdoorspeople who want you to love getting out there too.”
23. A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD – Official Trailer (HD) with Tom Hanks. (video) Is it just me or does Tom Hank’s Mr. Rogers seem like he could be Forrest Gump’s older brother?
24. This week in People Behaving Badly: Children Face Foster Care Over School Meal Debt, District Warns on The New York Times, and 16,000 Readers Shared Their Experiences of Being Told to ‘Go Back.’ Here Are Some of Their Stories. on The New York Times, and Trump Seizes On Soggy Paper Straws As Campaign Issue: ‘Make Straws Great Again’, and Judge orders Jeffrey Epstein to remain in jail, says he’s ‘concerned for new victims’, and Video Captures Intense Moments 2 ICE Agents Take Echo Park Mom Into Custody.