2. Best Practices for Bodhisattvas on Lion’s Roar. “Traditional Buddhist vows can seem pretty hardcore, but they’re really just maps for a good human life. Zen teacher Josh Bartok translates them into values we can all relate to.”
4. You Don’t Need to Clear the Decks to Focus on Important Work on Zen Habits.
7. The 50 Best Memoirs of the Past 50 Years. “The New York Times’s book critics select the most outstanding memoirs published since 1969.”
8. DHS Inspector General Finds ‘Dangerous Overcrowding’ In Border Patrol Facilities. In related news, Hungry, Scared and Sick: Inside the Migrant Detention Center in Clint, Tex. on the New York Times, and Migrant Caregivers Separated From Children At Border, Sent Back to Mexico, and Border Patrol leadership reportedly knew about derogatory Facebook group for years, and Joaquin Castro smuggled a camera into Border Patrol station — the detainees wanted pictures to be shared, and Ocasio-Cortez details ‘horrifying’ conditions at migrant detention facility.
11. What if instead of well-kept grass, we used our time and resources to fill our lawns with fruits and vegetables? (video) In related news, After 6-Year Battle, Florida Couple Wins The Right To Plant Veggies In Front Yard.
14. How to Deconstruct Racism, One Headline at a Time, a TED Talk. “Baratunde Thurston explores the phenomenon of white Americans calling the police on black Americans who have committed the crimes of … eating, walking or generally ‘living while black.’ In this profound, thought-provoking and often hilarious talk, he reveals the power of language to change stories of trauma into stories of healing — while challenging us all to level up.”
17. Restoring Forests Could Help Put a Brake on Global Warming, Study Finds on the New York Times. In related news, Tree planting ‘has mind-blowing potential’ to tackle climate crisis.
19. Helping Kelly Heal on GoFundMe.
24. Manslaughter Charge Dropped Against Alabama Woman Who Was Shot While Pregnant on the New York Times.
28. Angry Cockatoo Tears Down Anti-Bird Spikes And Throws Them To The Ground. This is what resistance looks like.