1. Why Megan Rapinoe’s brother, Brian, is her greatest heartbreak, and hope.
2. Best Practices for Bodhisattvas on Lion’s Roar. “Traditional Buddhist vows can seem pretty hardcore, but they’re really just maps for a good human life. Zen teacher Josh Bartok translates them into values we can all relate to.”
3. Why INFJs Should Start A Blog. Guess I made the right choice all those years ago. 🙂 In related news, 6 Reasons Why Introverts Make The Best Writers.
4. You Don’t Need to Clear the Decks to Focus on Important Work on Zen Habits.
5. People Celebrate Halle Bailey’s Role In Live-Action ‘Little Mermaid’ With Gorgeous Fan Art. In related news, Fans Overflow The Internet With Fan Art After Disney Announces The New Ariel.
6. Jack Kornfield – Heart Wisdom – Ep. 95 – Poetry in Dharma with Alison Luterman.
7. The 50 Best Memoirs of the Past 50 Years. “The New York Times’s book critics select the most outstanding memoirs published since 1969.”
8. DHS Inspector General Finds ‘Dangerous Overcrowding’ In Border Patrol Facilities. In related news, Hungry, Scared and Sick: Inside the Migrant Detention Center in Clint, Tex. on the New York Times, and Migrant Caregivers Separated From Children At Border, Sent Back to Mexico, and Border Patrol leadership reportedly knew about derogatory Facebook group for years, and Joaquin Castro smuggled a camera into Border Patrol station — the detainees wanted pictures to be shared, and Ocasio-Cortez details ‘horrifying’ conditions at migrant detention facility.
9. ‘The greatest threat to mankind is the cowardice of the Democratic Party’: Ocasio-Cortez spokesperson.
10. Middle school teacher secretly ran white supremacist podcast. (video)
11. What if instead of well-kept grass, we used our time and resources to fill our lawns with fruits and vegetables? (video) In related news, After 6-Year Battle, Florida Couple Wins The Right To Plant Veggies In Front Yard.
12. George Takei to publish graphic novel on his childhood in US internment camp.
13. 7 Subtle Signs Your Trauma Response is to ‘Fawn.’
14. How to Deconstruct Racism, One Headline at a Time, a TED Talk. “Baratunde Thurston explores the phenomenon of white Americans calling the police on black Americans who have committed the crimes of … eating, walking or generally ‘living while black.’ In this profound, thought-provoking and often hilarious talk, he reveals the power of language to change stories of trauma into stories of healing — while challenging us all to level up.”
15. Good Influences: Ragen Chastain, Founder of Fit Fatties.
16. The Trump campaign wants you to believe these stock footage models are MAGA supporters. (video)
17. Restoring Forests Could Help Put a Brake on Global Warming, Study Finds on the New York Times. In related news, Tree planting ‘has mind-blowing potential’ to tackle climate crisis.
18. Donald Trump’s “Inoffensive” War on Reality.
19. Helping Kelly Heal on GoFundMe.
20. She was told she would never be a serious dancer. Her answer? A spot in Katy Perry’s music video. (video)
21. Book Cover of the Award-Winning Book The Poet X Plagiarized.
22. Today, I Joined the Resistance by Theodora Goss.
23. Trump’s controversial “Salute to America” July Fourth event, explained.
24. Manslaughter Charge Dropped Against Alabama Woman Who Was Shot While Pregnant on the New York Times.
25. An interview with Jenna Hollenstein about Intuitive Eating. (video)
26. The Link Between Verbal Abuse and Anxiety That No One Talks about.
27. Disabled And Here Free Stock Photos. In related news, Representation Matters, “The best high-resolution, royalty-free stock image collection focusing on inclusion and diversity.”
28. Angry Cockatoo Tears Down Anti-Bird Spikes And Throws Them To The Ground. This is what resistance looks like.