1. Forgetting what day of the week it is. I talked to my mom yesterday and she mentioned she’d looked for my Friday post and hadn’t seen it. I told her I’d forgotten it was Friday, thinking I’d do the post later in the day. Then I took a nap and when I got up, I went to see The Last Black Man in San Francisco with a friend, came home and went to bed — totally forgetting to write this post!
2. Morning walks. When Eric was gone, I did ALL the walking, and was pretty happy I could do it and still feel good. Out of all the things I do to move, walking dogs is my favorite but it also unfortunately makes my knees hurt. Even so, I’m never giving it up.
3. Being “on vacation”…permanently. This is just my life now, and I couldn’t be happier. Eventually I’ll be more rested and have more to offer, but for now, I’m okay with just this.
4. Eric is back. While he was gone, I was so happy to be able to text and video chat with him. He came home a day late after a flight cancellation, but he brought me tarts!
Some of the selfies we sent each other while he was gone:
5. My tiny family. I’m glad to have them all back together again.
Bonus joy: the big hailstorm last night missing our house (although I’m sad for all the people it hit and hurt), good TV (watched Gentleman Jack and Chernobyl on HBO), good movies (saw Yesterday with Eric, at the end of which most of the audience clapped), the Lyric Cinema and Cafe, long naps for no reason other than I want to, aqua aerobics, Pilates, sitting in the sauna with Eric, teaching yoga, finally getting my insurance claim for the MRI I got processed and approved, the cool and quiet after a storm, hanging out with Mikalina, meditation and morning pages before I check my phone, good books (Bearing the Body by my teacher Ehud Havazelet, who sadly passed away a few years ago, and Keep Going: 10 Ways to Stay Creative in Good Times and Bad by Austin Kleon), a massage.