1. Weirdly, I didn’t take many pictures this week. The one above is something Eric posted a few weeks ago from one of his morning walks with the dogs. I’m choosing to spin this lack of pictures as “I was so into living my life, I forgot to document it, and that’s a good thing.”
2. Good friends. I got to hang out with my three best ones today. I wrote with Mikalina and Chloe’ this morning, then had lunch with Carrie. These are all people I know I could call if I were in trouble and they’d be right there, and I feel so very lucky for that.
3. Long afternoon naps. Yesterday Eric thought I was back in my office working on something, only to find me at the end of a nap. It was almost time for dinner, and he said, “kind of late for a nap isn’t it?” Yeah, right — like that’s even a thing.
4. They offered someone my old job and they accepted. There’s no going back now!
5. My tiny family. Being home more reminds me how sweet Sam is — I love how he wants to be wherever I am. It also reminds Ringo that even though he is the most in love with his dad, I’m pretty good too. I just feel lucky that as much as Ringo loves his dad, his dad loves me.
Bonus joy: Good books (I’m really enjoying Comedy Sex God by Pete Holmes), good podcasts, good TV, good movies, good music, teaching yoga, aqua aerobics, the fitness class I’m taking with Eric, Pilates, Orange San Pelligrino sparkling water, peach tart and pizza that Eric made on the grill on a day it was too hot to turn on the oven, a/c, going to bed early to read myself to sleep, going to the movies and eating popcorn with Eric, morning walks.