1. Do we have to love our work? from Paul Jarvis. His part two to this post is Passion Kills.
2. Antidotes to Overwork from Zen Habits.
3. How To Strengthen Your Intuition (Your INFJ Superpower).
4. I study collapsed civilizations. Here’s my advice for a climate change apocalypse.
5. WDS 2019 Main Stage Keynote – Marsha Shandur on Taming the Beast. (video) “At WDS 2019, Marsha reminded us that all have a beast who whispers in our ear. That voice that tells us we are unlovable, not talented, and incapable of achieving our dreams and goals. She also shared 4 steps on how to tame the beast and find ways to use its presence to help us live the lives we want—and ultimately, to help others as well.”
6. Weight Stigma – The Root of Eating Disorders.
7. Greta Thunberg isn’t the only trailblazing young climate leader. Activists from the Amazon to Nigeria share their ideas for battling the climate crisis.
8. Rachel Cole launched her new website. “My work in the world is all about guiding people to trust their hungers and feast on their lives. As a life coach and teacher, I live to share the wisdom and tools that have helped me and my clients to find peace with food, love for our bodies, and truly fulfilling lives.”
9. You’ll be miserable if you don’t do what you’re supposed to do from Austin Kleon.
10. Today [Yesterday] Would Have Been Botham Jean’s 28th Birthday And Social Media Is Celebrating His Life.
11. City Leader Calls Out ‘Bad Police Officer’ During Awards Ceremony in Broward County, Fla.
12. “The Good Place” Is a Show About Why We’re Good on Lion’s Roar. “According to Zen priest Gesshin Greenwood, NBC’s The Good Place shows us people are good because of their bond to each other — even in the afterlife.”
13. Sikh Deputy ‘Trailblazer’ Fatally Shot In Houston-Area Traffic Stop.
14. Georgia Professor Holds Student’s Baby, A Life Lesson Bundled On Her Back.
15. Jenny Odell on why we need to learn to do nothing: ‘It’s a reminder that you’re alive.’ “The author and artist’s keynote address on our fractured attention spans went viral. Now she has a plan for how to heal them: lose ourselves in nature.”
16. Black Virginia Girl Says White Classmates Cut Her Dreadlocks on Playground on The New York Times. “The police said they were investigating a report by 12-year-old Amari Allen that three white students forcibly cut portions of her hair at their Christian school.”
17. Prince died after taking fake Vicodin laced with fentanyl, prosecutor says. “‘In all likelihood, Prince had no idea he was taking a counterfeit pill that could kill him,’ the Minnesota prosecutor said.”
18. Some People Are Pissed At Mattel’s New Gender-Neutral Doll Collection.
19. ‘I Hate Myself,’ Former Dallas Police Officer Who Killed Neighbor Tells Jurors. Guilty of murder. That is the only answer here, even as I don’t believe that will be the outcome. She entered an apartment that wasn’t hers and murdered the person who lived there. Knowing why satisfies our curiosity but can not stand as a justification.
20. App Developer Responds to ‘The Racist Nextdoor.’
21. Exercising To Ease Pain: Taking Brisk Walks Can Help. This is a good reason to exercise: so you feel better, maybe even have some fun. Notice this article says not one thing about weight.
22. Eddie Murphy Is Bringing Eddie Murphy Back on The New York Times. “In a wide-ranging interview, the star explains why he’s returning to stand-up and the big screen, why he regrets leaving and why it’s hard to watch himself in ‘Raw’ these days.”
23. 21-Year-Old Hotel Employee Manages 90 Guests Alone After Getting Trapped by Tropical Storm for Over 24 Hours.
24. The Quiet Harm of #TransformationTuesday. “On the healing fantasy of thinness, and what your before and after photos tell the fat people in your life.”
25. Netflix’s ‘Unbelievable’ dares police to do better when it comes to sexual assault.
26. A baby’s laughter is the sweetest sound there is. (video) The way this kid says “W” though… I’ve watched this at least 20 times.
27. Found a mini toy keyboard…so Lizzo it is. (video)
28. This Mexican Abuelita Is Getting Millions of Views For Her Cooking Videos.