1. What is Minimalism? Maybe it’s not what you think from Be More With Less.
2. Mondo Beyondo with Andrea Scher. This was the course that started it ALL for me. I highly recommend it. Next 6 week session begins on Monday, September 16, 2019.
3. The Scourge of Worker Wellness Programs. “Employers have become obsessed with improving the health of their employees. But does it do anyone any good?”
6. “Brittany Runs A Marathon” Claims Body Positivity, but Promotes A Weight Loss Fantasy. “The film markets itself as a progressive counterpoint to diet culture. It’s not.”
7. Linda Hamilton Fled Hollywood, but ‘Terminator’ Still Found Her on The New York Times. “Decades after the first sequel, the 62-year-old actress hesitated to return to her iconic role: ‘I didn’t want my neighbors looking at me differently.'”
8. The Book of Prince. “Prince had grand plans for his autobiography, but only a few months to live.”
9. Good stuff from Karen Walrond of Chookooloonks, her this was a good week list: Hurricane Dorian – How Best to Help Right Now, and Strange Planet’s Instagram account, and The Atlas of Beauty, and Widowhood 101.
11. Transforming Overwhelm & Burden to Something Powerful from Zen Habits.
12. What Would You Do If You Had 10 Years Left? I am equal parts sad and angry to hear that Elana’s cancer is back.
13. Mindfulness vs. Meditation: What’s the Difference? An important distinction.
15. “Sometimes I hate everything and then I think about my dogs and I almost die from gratitude.” ~Heidi Randall. So true.
16. Another Tesla driver was caught sleeping behind the wheel on the highway. (video) This is a very, very bad idea.
27. What’s Missing From “White Fragility.” “Robin DiAngelo’s idea changed how white progressives talk about themselves—and little else.”
30. Pentagon to Divert Money From 127 Projects to Pay for Trump’s Border Wall on The New York Times.