My apologies! I had this post ready to go yesterday, but wanted to make one last pass before publishing…and forgot!
1. Yoga is Dead, a new podcast I’m digging. Even if you don’t want to listen to the episodes or aren’t a yoga geek like me, check out their resources, which aren’t limited to the topic of yoga.
2. Steve McCurry’s images of harvest are gorgeous. Check out the rest of his work too, it’s brutally, beautifully human.
3. Your Liberation Is on the Line. “‘No one who has ever touched liberation could possibly want anything other than liberation for everyone,’ says Rev. angel Kyodo williams. She shares why we must each fully commit to our own path to liberation, for the benefit of all.”
4. An Anthony Bourdain Auction Will Include His Treasured Knife. “A year after the celebrity chef’s death, some of his things are going on sale to benefit his family and the Culinary Institute of America.” Someone want to buy me his writing desk?
5. The Art of Creating a Ritual for What Matters Most.
6. The New York Times 1619 project has a podcast!
8. Yes, INFJs Can Be Entrepreneurs.
9. Spotted in Kenya: A Baby Zebra With Polka Dots.
10. Wishing the World Could Be More Soft on The New York Times. “She expected to give birth on Christmas Day. What happened instead was too hard to explain.”
11. DHS Just Finally Recognized White Nationalism as a Major Terror Threat. “Its the first time the department has placed major emphasis on countering the threat of white nationalism coming from inside the U.S.”
12. Fat People Must Become a Priority to the Left.
13. Dark crystals: the brutal reality behind a booming wellness craze. “Demand for ‘healing’ crystals is soaring – but many are mined in deadly conditions in one of the world’s poorest countries. And there is little evidence that this billion-dollar industry is cleaning up its act.”
14. Trump Launches Bullshit Islamophobic Attack on Ilhan Omar Claiming She Danced on 9/11.
15. Aimee Mann – Drive [The Cars cover] – Live in Pleasantville, NY.
16. 1 in 16 U.S. women say their first sexual intercourse was rape.
17. Episode 1 of Unbelievable is hard to watch… and it should be. (video) Yes, the subject matter of this limited series is hard to watch, more so for those of us with trauma histories, but it was so good, in particular the women, their power and their vulnerability.
18. Ed Buck, Democratic Donor, Is Charged With Operating Drug House on The New York Times. “A third man suffered a methamphetamine overdose at the Los Angeles home of the longtime activist last week.”
19. J.Cole-produced documentary ‘Out of Omaha’ is a harrowing look at surviving systemic racism. I really wish more white people would shift the energy they spend in denial, resistance, and willful ignorance, clinging to the idea that they are good and deserving people, to opening their eyes and hearts to what is really happening in the world to black and brown people. There is no way to “get over it” when it is still happening.
20. SNL fires new hire Shane Gillis after recent homophobic and racist slurs surface.
21. Woman’s Thread Notes The Never-Discussed Symptom Of Depression And Everyone Has To Read It.