1. Morning walks. This week, we finally were able to walk by the river again. The weather has cooled enough that the mosquitoes are gone. I missed this part of the trail so much.
2. The colors of the Colorado sky. There were a few mornings it was a particular shade of lavender that seems almost impossible.
3. Space and rest. This is a big shift I’m making, and I really need the extra room, the extra stillness.
4. Tomatoes. Tis the season. Even though ours had a late start and are already slowing down as the weather cools, a friend gave us a 20 pound box from their garden, so I spend yesterday making roasted tomato soup and salsa. There is something so therapeutic about the chopping and the smell.
5. My tiny family. The love notes Eric leaves for me on the kitchen counter, Ringo’s belly feeling better (it was a bit wonky this week, requiring a visit with his favorite vet, some meds and mild meals for a few days), and how Sam is always checking on me, following me around like my shadow.
Bonus joy: new gym shoes, everything turning red and gold, naps, cooking, cooking enough to share, bran muffins with dried raspberries, good books, good TV, my infrared heating pad, teaching yoga, hanging out with Mikalina, having all the laundry done and folded and put away, making Eric laugh.