1. RIP Toni Morrison: ‘The Most Formidable Mind of Our Times.’ Tayari Jones Honors Toni Morrison’s Work and Legacy, and 12 Must Read Books by Toni Morrison, and Ghosts in the House: How Toni Morrison fostered a generation of black writers, and Toni Morrison, Whose Soaring Novels Were Rooted In Black Lives, Dies At 88, and Toni Morrison, Towering Novelist of the Black Experience, Dies at 88 on The New York Times.
2. Wisdom from Ronna Detrick: “Do what your intuition tells you, what you can clearly discern as the right course of action. Trust-trust-trust that you know what you’re doing. And let everything else go – every fear, every anticipated reaction, even every expected risk and seemingly-certain cost. It’s all going to work out.”
6. Finding Groundedness in the Age of Anxiety from Zen Habits.
10. If Women Behaved Like Men in Bars. (video)
15. Jeffrey Epstein Dead in Suicide at Jail, Spurring Inquiries on The New York Times.
16. You Can’t Have It All a poem by Barbara Ras.
20. U.S. Soccer hires lobbyists to argue women’s national team isn’t underpaid. Reality is those with poverty mentally will cause whatever suffering and harm neccessary to protect what they see as their resources, their treasure. They are like a toddler yelling, “no, mine, mine!”
21. The Mississippi ICE raids expose the biggest problem with US immigration laws. “They ignore the high demand for workers to fill low-skill jobs in America.”
23. Fox News host Tucker Carlson thinks white supremacy in America is a ‘hoax.’ (video) Only a white supremacist would make this argument. And p.s. stop wasting your time feeling hurt and arguing against someone thinking you are or calling you a racist and BE anti-racist.
28. Children of undocumented immigrants arrested in Mississippi rely on strangers for food and shelter. In related news ICE Arrests Hundreds in Mississippi Raids Targeting Immigrant Workers on The New York Times. #AbolishICE
30. How to Buy a Gun in 16 Countries on The New York Times. “Many Americans can buy a gun in less than an hour. In some countries, the process takes months. Here are the basic steps for how most people buy a gun in 16 of them. Many countries have exceptions for specialized professions, and local laws vary.”
31. Cyntoia Brown Is Freed From Prison in Tennessee on The New York Times. “Ms. Brown, 31, was sentenced to life in prison for killing a man while she was a teenage sex trafficking victim. She was granted clemency in January.”
32. Candice Keller’s Comments on Mass Shootings Prompt Call for Resignation in Ohio on The New York Times. “In a Facebook post, the Ohio lawmaker blamed ‘homosexual marriage,’ ‘drag queen advocates’ and ‘recreational marijuana’ for mass shootings.” It’s so convenient that all the things she doesn’t like or approve of are on her list of causes.