4. Austin Kleon’s collage archives. This is a practice I want to start up again.
5. Ethical Chocolate Companies, “a list of chocolate companies that only use ethically grown cocoa. Find out how you can tell if the chocolate you are eating is connected to child slavery.”
6. CSU professor’s poem in New York Times Magazine reflects on 1963 KKK church bombing. In related news, Conservatives rail against New York Times project on America’s sordid slave past, and Reading Guide: Quotes, Key Terms, and Questions for The 1619 Project.
7. 300 dancers showed up for ballet class this morning in Times Square in front of Good Morning America. (video) “This is what happens when you joke on TV about Male dancers. 300 dancers show up for a ballet class in Times Square NYC to show their support of our amazing male dancers.”
13. The Shaun King We’re Not Talking About. “When Clarissa Brooks questioned Shaun King about recent fundraising, King publicly threatened Brooks with legal action. However, Brooks is far from the first person to publicly question Shaun King, and she’s not the first Black woman to be disrespected by him either.”
20. First-grader pointed loaded gun at student in school office. The gun belonged to the district’s transportation director. “Nelson was allowed to carry the weapon as part of the district’s concealed-carry plan adopted last year to arm administrators and select staff members to protect students from potential gun violence.” Guns In schools. What could possibly go wrong?
21. Variety to Forgo Annual Emmy Party for Donation to Planned Parenthood. This is what resistance looks like. In related news, Planned Parenthood Withdraws From Title X Program Over Trump Abortion Rule.
22. Daniel Pantaleo, Officer Who Held Eric Garner in Chokehold, Is Fired. on The New York Times. He should be in prison for murder, but this is a start.
25. We Fled the Gangs in Honduras. Then the U.S. Government Took My Baby. on The New York Times.