1. This video. “Welcome to the wild borderlands connecting Arizona and Mexico, where puma, coati, javelina and foxes meander a creek bed that is at times dry, then snow covered, then running with precious water. Our borderlands in the U.S. Southwest and Mexico are one of the biggest ecosystem complexes in North America, with some of the most remote and important wildlife habitats remaining on the continent.”
2. Happy Birthday, Fiona! (video) “Cincinnati’s favorite baby hippo will enter what her care team hopes will not be her ‘terrible twos’ tomorrow! This is another major milestone for the preemie that almost didn’t make it, weighing a fifth of what a normal baby hippo would weigh when she was born on January 24, 2017. Here’s a look back at some of the most memorable moments of her first two years!”
3. 3-year-old found in woods says he hung out with a bear.
4. Ivy’s still teaching yoga at the age of 87. (video) #teachinggoals
5. This Is What Happens to Your Body When You Hate Your Job.
6. Orchid Mantis. (video) Nature is so cool.
7. Feminist and Sociology Professor Tressie McMillan Cottom. (video) “Alicia Menendez sits down with renowned African-American feminist and sociology professor Tressie McMillan Cottom to discuss her new book, Thick: And Other Essays.”
8. Elizabeth Gilbert on the struggle of watching the person you love die. (Thanks to The Moth). (video)
9. Thich Nhat Hanh’s health “remarkably stable,” despite report in TIME.
10. A pair of bobcats on a winter’s day in Colorado. (video)
11. Kappa Alpha Psi Brother Opens Wellness Studio in Brooklyn That Helps Black Men Deal With Anxiety and Depression.
12. Believe the grin of white supremacy from Renegade Mothering.
13. The Spiritual Legacy of Mary Oliver on Tricycle.
14. Woman Keeps Trying To Rescue Dogs Chained Up Outside. (video) ***Spoiler alert: There’s a happy ending.
15. 50 Times That People Spoke Words So Profound, They Literally Changed Lives. My favorite is, “Don’t be a d*ck to your dog. He’s a few years of your life, but you are all of his.”
16. Baby elephant taking a bath. (video)
17. The Double Dose of Fyre Festival Fail Docs Led to a Blessing as Caribbean Caterer Raises Over $160K.
18. White people assume niceness is the answer to racial inequality. It’s not.
19. 3 Newborn Endangered Right Whales Seen After Year With No Births on The New York Times.
20. Avon Pulls Marketing Materials After Jameela Jamil Slams Company For Shaming Women.
21. You can’t be productive without routines and rituals. Here’s why.
22. “My black Lab ran away last night, he returned this morning with some friends in tow.” (video)
23. Four Volunteers Convicted for Leaving Food and Water Near Border as Four More Await Trial.
24. 1 Second Of Every ‘Office’ Episode May Be The Best Time Of Your Life.
25. Buddhism in the Age of #BlackLivesMatter from Lion’s Roar. “We need to update the traditional narrative of the Buddha’s life, says Pamela Ayo Yetunde, for people who know suffering all too well. She offers some alternative stories for the time of #BlackLivesMatter.”
26. Recipe I want to try: Amish sugar cookies.
P.S. This is my 365th Something Good list. 365. Three hundred and sixty five. That’s one list for every day of an entire year! Thanks for being here and letting me share, kind and gentle reader. ❤