1. Drag Queen Story Hour sashays into Windsor with popularity, controversy.
2. A 76-year-old man and his wife have transformed a barren Chinese mountain into a vast forest. (video)
3. This wildlife artist captured an incredible amount of animals using the same fallen tree trunk as a natural bridge. (video)
4. Sea turtle rescue. (video)
5. Hula dance is being taught in San Quentin State Prison for reform. Here’s a video of the same story.
6. This little guy is so grateful when he gets his favorite treat. So cute! (video)
7. Woman Captures London’s Most Beautiful Front Doors.
8. When you realize you’re in a word problem, and the train is traveling at 2 double rolls per apple. Hilarious. (video)
9. How do two 17 year olds dial a rotary phone? (video)
10. Kid playing with light sabers with his dad is the cutest thing. (video)
11. “Stop working and play, human!” (video)
12. This Syrian refugee opened a small falafel shop in Tennessee. It was just named the ‘nicest place in America.’
13. Fat Patients’ Bias Epidemic. “Beyond the “obesity epidemic,” fat patients face another public health crisis — bias, disinterest, and misdiagnoses.”
14. Rep. Ayanna Pressley, speaking truth to power. (video) “I rise today in opposition to the occupant of the White House. Mr. Trump, you took an oath, just as I did five days ago, to protect and defend the Constitution and the American people. Sir, you dishonor that oath.”
15. Here’s how farmers in Iceland are using volcanoes to grow food all year round. (video)
16. Woman Offers To Show Up At People’s Funerals For $50 And The Responses Are Hilarious. “If you pay me $50 I’ll show up to your funeral but stand really far away, holding a black umbrella regardless of the weather, so that people think you died with a dark and interesting secret.”
17. This little girl is mesmerized by the magical notes. (video)
18. Inspiring dancer. (video)
19. Health care in America: This father lost his health insurance just before finding out his toddler had cancer. (video)
20. Neighbors won’t tolerate church’s anti-LGBTQ sign & they’re taking to the streets over it.
21. This viral thread on what people can and can’t say due to ‘political correctness’ is gold.
22. What we gain from keeping books – and why it doesn’t need to be ‘joy’.
23. Showing some simple variations for yoga. So cool! (video)
24. Neuroscientists Discover a Song That Reduces Anxiety By 65 Percent.
25. This Muslim Youth Group Stepped Up To Help Keep Our National Parks Clean During Trump’s Government Shutdown.
26. Why Is It Still Controversial to Call Trump a Racist? “Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez told Anderson Cooper that there’s “no question” where Trump stands; Cooper appeared confused.”
27. The BoPo-Washing Of Weight Watchers (& The Weight Loss Industry).
28. When White People Are Uncomfortable, Black People Are Silenced by Rachel Cargle.
29. The Difference Between Introverts, Empaths, And Highly Sensitive People. I am all three. In related news, 8 Honest Truths From A Contradictory INFJ.
30. Oh no we’re still us from Austin Kleon.
31. Does It Pay to Be a Writer? on The New York Times.
32. Are White Westerners Culturally Appropriating Yoga?
33. 10 Vows to Not Make Things Difficult.
34. The Great Escapers, a TV series available streaming on Netflix. “From villas to vineyards, bars to boat charters, this series follows a wide range of different business and their ambitious British owners as they look to establish a brand new life.” This show is seriously making me consider moving to France.
35. U.K. Bridal Boutique Celebrates Wedding Dresses And Wheelchairs.
36. Contribute to the Capital District Women of Color Committee. “Citizen Action of New York Capital District Women of Color Committee is joining with other groups and organizations to present the Capital District Women of Color Brunch, March and Rally on Saturday, January 19, 2019. To be able to provide for 200 Women of Color from across the Capital District to participate in the brunch, we are asking for support from individuals, corporations and organizations to raise $5,000 to cover the cost of the venue, speakers, food, drinks and supplies and other costs for the brunch as well as the larger march and rally.”
37. Poet Jane Kenyon’s Advice on Writing: Some of the Wisest Words to Create and Live By.
38. Black Lotus Healing Arts. This is a local practitioner, but she does sessions via Skype too.
39. 4-year-old Junior Park Ranger cleans up Cuyahoga Valley National Park amid government shutdown.
40. 48 Books By Women and Nonbinary Authors of Color to Read in 2019.
41. Little Caesars Posts Sign On Door After Finding Homeless People Eating Scraps From Dumpster.
42. Arrests For Illegal Border Crossings Hit 46-Year Low.
43. This week in People Behaving Badly: Canada is evicting Indigenous people to make way for a mega-pipeline (video), and Joshua Tree National Park has been trashed in the shutdown. Now visitors are cutting down trees, and Government Shutdown Curtails F.D.A. Food Inspections from The New York Times, and Kroger Manager Accused of Racial Profiling After Calling Cops On Black Teens Buying Snacks, and It’s Not a Government Shutdown. It’s a Right-Wing Coup, and R. Kelly Is Reportedly Working On A Website Titled ‘Surviving Lies’ To Discredit His Accusers, and Shutdown Leaves Food, Medicine and Pay in Doubt in Indian Country from The New York Times.