1. Enough already from Paul Jarvis. “Exterior mindfulness (some call it minimalism) only works when we solve for enough.”
3. Upaya Podcast with Natalie Goldberg, True Secret of Writing (II of II) – “Let the Whole Thundering World Come Home: A Memoir.”
5. Black Yale Student Wants White Classmate Who Called Police on Her Held Accountable. In related news, Nigerian Woman, Who Was Removed From United Flight After a White Passenger Complained She Was ‘Pungent,’ Files Lawsuit, and White Woman Calls Cops on Black Real Estate Investor Inspecting House Next Door, and #CommunityServiceWhileBlack: Cop Questions Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Members During Highway Cleaning, Says He Thought They Were Fighting, and California Starbucks Writes Racial Slur on Latino Customer’s Drink, and #GoingHomeWhileBlack: Rapper T.I. Arrested Outside His Gated Community After Misplacing Keys, and This is how the police should react when a white person calls 911 on a Black person for no reason (video), and White Hobby Lobby Manager Calls Police on Black Customer for #ShoppingWhileBlack, and Enraged White Man Threatens To Call ICE On Women For Speaking Spanish In A Restaurant, and Security questions Black dad deemed ‘suspicious’ for pushing sick son in a stroller, and ‘White Caller Crime’: The Worst Wypipo Police Calls of All Time.
5. Recipes I want to try: Barbecue Zucchini & Chickpea Tacos, and pasta salad with roasted carrots and sunflower seed dressing, and sweet potato tacos, and rhubarb cream cheese hand pies, and strawberry rhubarb crisp bars, and 4 Ingredient Spinach Tortillas. P.S. I love Smitten Kitchen.
8. Is Yoga really for Every Body? “A guide to body positivity and falling in love with yoga, right now.”
12. Cougar Attacks Two Bicyclists in Washington State, Killing One on The New York Times.
13. This road trip was made for doughnut lovers. (video)
15. Dana Falsetti lost nearly 100 pounds, but found she still wasn’t happy with her body. (video) “Then she found yoga. Now, she’s helping others find confidence through yoga classes that focus on body positivity.”
18. This white student thinks she’s the victim of racism because people got mad when she brought a rifle to school. (video) Hearing what she has to say makes me a thousand times angrier than the pictures. She graduates from college and still does not understand how racism and white privilege work?! She doesn’t understand why, of all the campuses, it would be so much more offensive on this one?!
20. A mayonnaise and spoiler-free cut of my “Do Not Link To The Line Stepper” PSA from Jay Smooth. (video)
21. A deportation bus? This Republican candidate wants to track down “illegal immigrants” on the campaign trail. (video) When racists don’t even bother to hide anymore, when they run and are elected to office, we are living the fall of Rome.
25. Black Dog Syndrome. (video) “Why do people pass over black dogs for adoption? Why do they cross the street to avoid them? It’s called black dog syndrome, and filmmaker Dara Bratt decided to find out what’s behind it.” All of my dogs have been black. I prefer them.
30. Downsides of Diet Culture on Dances With Fat.
31. Months After a Brutal Day in Charlottesville, a Tender Wedding on The New York Times.