1. Morning walks. Everything is so gorgeous and lush right now. And everyone has babies — the foxes, raccoons, geese, and owls. The river is full and running fast from the snow melt.
2. Summer vacation. Just two days in, I already feel better than I have in months.
3. Space in my schedule. I’m filling some of it with as much yoga and aqua aerobics and Pilates and naps as I can.
4. Sam and Ringo. One friend lost a dog and another is about to and another is waiting and watching, and it SUCKS. I love them so much, almost like I forget I am going to have to let them go and it’s going to break my heart into a million pieces, again. I’m loving on my two a bit extra, so happy that they are here, that no one is a puppy and no one is dying, even as I know they will eventually.
5. Eric. He’s there, making me laugh and feeding me and checking in with me on the regular to make sure I’m okay.
Bonus joy: getting the garden ready, dog sighs, sleeping with the window open, the smell of lilacs, breakfast burritos, long naps, clean sheets, weaning Sam off his pain meds, Wild Writing.