1. Morning walks. There is a litter of baby foxes by the McMurray Ponds, but I haven’t gotten there early enough to see them yet. We did see their mama out hunting the other day though. I hope I get to see them at least once before they are all grown and gone.
2. Spring. Everything is blooming and turning so green.
3. I am stronger than I thought. I went to a yoga workshop this weekend, spent almost ten hours doing yoga over the course of 48 hours. It wasn’t gentle or easy. In fact, it was difficult and new and challenging. And yet, my body feels amazing! I’m pretty sure I have Pilates to thank for that, and in particular my teacher Ashley. Sure my regular yoga practice and all the time I spend in the pool are awesome, but it’s Pilates and the body awareness Ashley’s taught me that have made me strong.
4. Eric. I can’t wait for summer vacation (two weeks and two days of work left) to get to spend some more time with him. There have been days in these past few weeks that we’ve only seen each other for about 15 minutes in an entire day!
5. Ringo and Sam. Together they can sometimes be almost too much, but as individuals they are so sweet and good and funny.
Bonus joy: getting in the sauna, the noise of the birds singing in the morning, clean sheets, headstands, having tea with one of my favorite people, an amazing poetry reading, cupcakes, bran muffins with dried raspberries, pay day (the part before you pay all the bills), women willing to do the work even when they risk their own comfort and safety, good TV, daffodils.