1. Me. I posted this picture on Instagram this week with the caption: “Not gonna lie, don’t know how I’m still standing. Five more weeks of work, then a whole summer to rest, find myself again, and consider what to do next.” The fact that no matter how hurt or tired or DONE I am, I keep going, don’t give up, is something I’m very grateful for.
2. Morning walks. Still just me and Ringo (Sam gets to go around the block once a day, but that’s it for now). This week we saw two owls having a chat, a giant heron, a huge bald eagle, and lots of deer.
3. Living close to the water. I still miss the ocean, but all the ponds and the river so close by make it easier.
4. Practice. Yoga, writing, meditation, and dog.
5. My tiny family. When the world and people are too much, too chaotic, too toxic, these three save me. Like poet Rudy Francisco shared on Twitter , “Home is any place that makes you forget the world is on fire.”
Bonus joy: Sam still not limping which leads to the hope he can start some physical therapy and get stronger and continue to get better and one day go on a regular walk, lunch with friends, Wild Writing, naps, aqua aerobics, the sauna, clean sheets, no plans, sunshine, things blooming and getting green.