1. How to compare #BlackLivesMatter to actual hate groups, a video from Seriously.tv. In related news, What writers of color say we all should read now, and the Free Hugs guy at it again, and Black Twitter Countered Tragedy With These 6 Uplifting Hashtags, and A History of White Delusion, and Campaign Zero, and 13 Tweets Explain The Deadly Impact White Privilege Has On Black People, and Black Lives Matter Just Delivered Their 10 Point Manifesto, and This Is What They Want, and Black Lives Matter: A Reading List, and White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard to Talk to White People About Racism.
2. GOP Platform Proposes To Get Rid Of National Parks And National Forests. “This land grab idea is just as ludicrous as denying climate change, just as detached from reality, and similarly comes at the expense of our public health and protection of our public lands and resources.” Blergh…
3. An Australian photographer created a breathtaking photo series that shows gender diverse and transgender children exactly how they want to be seen. I related news, this moving ad on transgender bathroom rights will air for Fox News viewers during the final night of the Republican National Convention.
4. Recipe I want to try: Sliders Four Ways.
5. A devastated French fan seen crying after his team’s #Euro2016 defeat to Portugal has been consoled by a young Portuguese fan. I love this little dude so much.
6. The Responsibility Glitch. *sigh*
7. Read These 23 Books And Authors When The Injustice Is Overwhelming. #readingoals
8. Awake to the Pain. “Body terrorism, the targeting, blame and mistreatment of people based on bias, ignorance, hate and power differentials, requires our attention, voices and actions.”
9. For The Record, a post from Jennifer Aniston. “The objectification and scrutiny we put women through is absurd and disturbing.”
10. Santosha from The Cognitive Canine, the dog trainer who has talked me down from a ledge so many times, a good reminder about a practice that can benefit more than just our relationship with our dogs. #reframe
11. 12+ Kids Who’ll Restore Your Faith In Humanity. I don’t know about that, but some of them sure are cute.
12. Model Photographs and Shames Naked Woman at Her Gym and Things That Are Not Always Compliments For Fat People from Dances with Fat.
13. Buy One, Get One Free, wisdom from Rachel Cole. “I want to make something very explicit: food restriction (by any name, real or perceived) almost always leads to overconsumption (by any name, real or perceived). Buy one, get one free—like it or not.”
14. Wisdom from Tulku Thondup, “Generally, we go through life with little awareness of what we are doing, let alone the peaceful and joyful nature of our lives. We mostly think about the past and dream about the future while missing what is happening right now, in this moment. If we are not aware, we are not fully living. We are like sleepwalkers or zombies. To be alive and healthy, we need to wake up.”
15. Mary Lambert’s new video, Hang Out With You. Love it.
16. 3 Keys to Building a Successful Writing Career. I’d rename this to “3 Keys to Building a Successful Writing Practice” or “3 Keys to Building a Successful Writing Life,” because why do we always have to make the good things into our career? It can matter a lot without becoming our job, doesn’t have to be limited to our work.
17. You will be called on to expand. And this is why we practice. This is an older post from Danielle LaPorte that I’ve shared before, but it seems worth revisiting.