1. These people listen to strangers’ deepest, darkest secrets for free. I am in serious talks with a friend to have a booth at the next local yoga festival to do this.
2. Ask Well: Is Watermelon Good for You? *Spoiler Alert* … yes.
3. Tig Notaro, the luckiest unlucky person.
4. Recipes I’d like to try: Peanut Butter Sandwich Cupcakes and Four Ways To Make Spaghetti Squash.
5. Leslie Jones Said Designers Won’t Dress Her, So Christian Siria.no Did The Best Thing Ever.
6. Things and Thoughts. Beautiful, simple, heartbreaking in the context of his larger story.
7. G. Star Swain sings “The National Anthem” live at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. If you haven’t seen this yet, I’m not sure how. I cried.
8. Take The Cake: ‘This American Life’ Is Really Bad At Talking About Fat. Disclaimer: I haven’t had a chance to listen to the episode yet.
9. Should I Leash My Dog? [Flowchart]. Notice how often the answer is “yes.”
10. Mislabeled As A Memoirist, Author Asks: Whose Work Gets To Be Journalism?
11. Dear advertisers: It’s time to stop supporting BuzzFeed Video.
12. Just don’t lose the magic from Austin Kleon, one of my favorite writers on creativity.
13. But Was it Life Changing? A great post from Laurie Wagner.
14. Training to Be a Good Writer from Zen Habits.
15. About oracles, cookies, cigarettes, and the only piece of wisdom you will ever need.
16. Struggles with body image and self-esteem are common for girls her age, and she wants the world to hear their message. *sigh*
17. Three little dots.
18. Elie Wiesel, Auschwitz Survivor and Nobel Peace Prize Winner, Dies at 87.
19. A Thread So Strong from Jena Schwartz, because this:
And while the connections themselves may also be impermanent, there is a thread so strong I swear you can probably see it from space that binds us to each other.
If you’re ever shaky, reach for it and give it a tug. I’ll do everything I can to tug back.
20. How Can I Love You Better? by Omid Safi. “A simple and powerful question that has the power to transform our relationships.”
21. Dealing with Stuff (literally): sorting through a loved ones belongings. Seems like some good advice.
22. Actual Factual Reasons NOT to vote for Donald Trump from ArchDuke.
23. Koko — The Gorilla Who Talks. “Today marks Koko’s 45th birthday. Meet her on KOKO — THE GORILLA WHO TALKS August 3 @ 8/7c on PBS (via BBC Earth).”
24. The best of Gilda, a bittersweet, hilarious video of Gilda Radner clips. Which made me look up this quote from her again, one of my favorites, “I wanted a perfect ending. Now I’ve learned, the hard way, that some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity.”
25. Woman Texts Her Husband Everything He Says In His Sleep, Hilarity Ensues.