1. Long walks on the beach and good weather, sunshine but not too hot.
2. The best pancakes I’ve ever had, which just so happen to be at Leroy’s Blue Whale in Yachats, Oregon, and what I had for breakfast this morning after walking 6.5 miles on the beach.
3. Reading and naps, how we spend our afternoons, before the second walk.
4. Spending a few days with my mom and dad, having them all to myself. It’s not such a bad thing to have people in your life who are so happy to see you, to spend time with you. Some highlights: watching movies, taking walks in the morning, having our meals together, and looking at old family pictures.
5. Visiting with my brother, getting to see my nieces a little.
Bonus joy: the strawberry pie Eric made, the delicious strawberries from the farmer’s market, sleeping in, a warm shower, clean laundry, grocery shopping, my favorite playlist, a glass of cold clean water, my laptop, my cellphone, the internet, texting, warm soft socks, a thin soft wool sweater I can wear every day, new neighbors that are quiet, how quiet the house gets when everyone is napping, stepping out of fear, the beans and ground turkey my dad made (talk about comfort food!), a good rental car, a husband who is happy to see me, healthy dogs, an upcoming family dinner with my BIG family, being on vacation for a whole month more, quiet mornings meditating and writing.